Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kaiser Hilo vision services question
Anybody have any experience to report with the quality of the exams and eyeglasses from the Kaiser location in Hilo? Thanks in advance.
They did a good job in the prescription. I buy my glasses at $39 glasses.com

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
If one doesn't have $39, https://www.zennioptical.com/ has some for $7. If you are clever you can find coupon codes for free shipping, etc. Yes, these prices are lenses AND frames.

I've bought from both places multiple times, always happy with experiences.

ETA: The cheapest place to get contact lenses is costco. Even cheaper than others online. They accept Rx from anywhere and many can be ordered online costco site. I didn't find their glasses prices to be anywhere near online values, but at least you can try them on. Their Rx process was a bit like being treated like cattle, but they did have the best, modern equipment. The only reason I won't go back for the Rx process is too far away for follow-up etc.
How do they fit and adjust the glasses if you order on line? I wear progressive lenses, and they can be tricky in that regard. Thanks!
How do they fit and adjust the glasses

The online sites show you how to measure the distance between your pupils, length for temple, etc. I think you can ask your eye doctor for the necessary measurements along with your prescription too.

But a complex prescription it can be tricky to get just right. I have progressive lenses too and decided I’d rather pay more locally knowing I’d get the correct sized frames and lenses centered properly in the frame. And I usually prefer the DIY approach for almost everything else.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I agree with birdmove.

We have been using their vision exam and eyeglass for many years. Part of my add-on insurance coverage includes eyeglasses that pay $200 a year. So I update my glasses every year, alternate between bifocal and reading glasses.
Iju, on the bifocals, do u go for reading still, computer, some middle distance.. ?

Or decide as each yearplays out with eye health ?

mahalo for any follow up.
RWR.. I use my very old pair of reading glasses when I am at my desktop computer. The bifocal is used mainly for driving and out shopping. And my old pair of bifocal is for watching TV.

Corrected grammar.
Tanks ..Good system and food for thought. Computer set never has to move.