Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defamation / libel / slander lawyer
Looking for a lawyer with success in defamation cases. Open to all suggestions or experiences. Thanks!
Gee, I hope it wasn't anything I said.
Ask the current and former employees, managers, and board members of HPP. There's been a lot of that going on around here, and I'm sure they've had years of experience.
I would be interested to hear you found. I have a similiar situation where somebody libeled me.
The atty will probably not take it. I had a HIPPA cut and dried case and no atty would touch it.
Wishing u the best
A,ohz

HPP

HPP
randomq - unless the defamation has cost you an awful lot of money, I don't think it's worth pursuing. Obviously, I don't know anything about your case, but I was a defendant in a defamation case, one of many defendants. I supposedly defamed a professional astrologer by showing how his predictions were no better than random chance and then calling him a scammer. The case was thrown out of court well before I had the opportunity to show I was telling the truth - which of course is a powerful defense against defamation.

Unless you are very rich, lawyers tend to be wary of taking on defamation cases because they cost an awful lot of money and they also tend not to take them on contingency for the same reason. Defamation law is very much on the defendant's side.

However, I wish you luck.
I supposedly defamed a professional astrologer by showing how his predictions were no better than random chance and then calling him a scammer.

lol

I had a star-botherer come after me once, I sorta wish she had tried to take me to court.
Good luck with your case, randomq! (except if you're an astrologer)
Well, it's a little ironic that the astrologer couldn't predict the result of his lawsuit...