Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ummmmmm...is that more "smoke" coming out?
http://hvo.wr.usgs.gov/cam3/
Hi nancy i was looking at the pics the other day and thats what i see, The whole top and surrounding area is heating up could get scary.[:0]
Last 24 hours at Kilauea summit:

A third small explosion apparently occurred just before 4 am this morning,

Pele's rolling over!
Yes. Technically, it is steam. At present, the evidence points to my causing it with my subconscious mind. I have denied this as long as I can, but there can be no other explanation. It's me. I mean, I'm the one obsessed with The Volcano. Why? I think we know the answer to that.

I am really trying hard to put a lid on it, but the magma is right below the surface and, you know, these are manifestations of my subconscious mind so if I focus on it, then I am doing so consciously and you really can't consciously squelch subconscious thoughts. In fact, that's where they go when you squelch such thoughts -- straight to your subconcious mind, where they are manifested differently.

I didn't want this to happen, but it just worked out that way. I've tried rocking back and forth on a yoga mat, smacking my forehead, and saying "Baraba-Jaba" over and over, but that didn't seem to work.

I know there is a solution to this -- probably an obvious one, but you know...smoke gets in your eyes. Maybe a drink on The Lanai would help. The glass must be crystal, and when held up to the sun --wherever the hell it is-- must refract the sunlight into a rainbow.
how about an asbestos boat? we may have a lake soon. Didn't mark twain write about that very same thing (lake of lava) during his visit and stay at the volcano house?
The Halema`uma`u vent has been steaming away nonstop for about a month now.

ArtM
There was an evacuation advisory for Ocean View (areas mauka of the Hwy) this morning, and it has been revised downward to a cautionary statement. It appeared that the plumes from both vents were going directly over Mauna Loa to the upper end of HOVE. The designated evacuation site was in Na'alehu, which implies that the danger there was low.

There appears to have been small DI (deflation/inflation) events at Halema'uma'u, but not enough to signal an eruption there. If I read the summary correctly, it's more of an indication that the magma is being moved more noticeably from the Kilauea Summit to the Pu'u O'o vent. Small DI events at the latter have caused the ocean entry flows to diminish. (I feel like Alan Greenspan delivering potentially scary information in a non-threatening manner...).

Pray for continued tradewinds....