Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sears
I understand now why they will go out of business. It can't be soon enough. No, not going into details. Just had to get the frustration out of me. Sorry to unload here but.... I feel better already!

I walked around the store while I was waiting for my Amazon tires to get installed and it seemed like they had made many improvements in a lot of areas.

Not to bring up your bad experience but we want more details!

I only buy things from sears that have no moving parts.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Just seems empty when I go in there. Really nice guys in the automotive department though.
The last time I went they didnt tighten my oil plug tight leaking oil ever where lucky it did not fall out. When I told them about they deny all .Have not be back

jrw
jrw
I watched them use a torque wrench on my wheels which was surprising. Obviously the torque wrench guy skipped your oil plug. I don't do a lot of car stuff myself but I always change my own oil because for less cost I can use full synthetic with a Mobile 1 filter. I bought these ramps on Amazon which eliminates the worst part of the home oil change, jacking up the car to get under it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0117EETEK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=pw016-20&linkId=77233e45d66f99cb6db425982d858b33&language=en_US

And this to drain the oil into. It makes it easy to put the used oil back into the bottles the new stuff came in for easy drop off at hazmat day.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0059HJSA2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=ll1&tag=pw016-20&linkId=502976ea545eff9988b09feb98bb53cc&language=en_US
You might want to read the comments about the ramps....
I did my due diligence. People use products incorrectly all the time and act surprised when there are consequences. But I took auto shop in High School and although I can't remember the instructor's name he hammered in to never, ever, ever, go under a car unless you're using jack stands in addition to whatever you used to elevate the vehicle. I've been using the ramps for many years on 4 different vehicles and they work great when used as intended.
I bought a lawn mower a little over a year ago. Everything's still working great. I'm real satisfied with my purchase.

I bought a lawn mower a little over a year ago. Everything's still working great. I'm real satisfied with my purchase.

I've been through a few of their mowers. They last between 2 and 3 years.

Wondering about their service department behind Walmart. After the store goes out of business will the service department stay open and honor the warranties and continue with repair work?