Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bail after felony conviction?
I saw the three (who beat security officer nearly to death) in Kona were convicted today, and sentencing is in September. Were they remanded or can they bail after a felony conviction? Any attorney here? Or felons.....
I'm neither an attorney or a felon, but I've spun around this solar system enough years to have witnessed that it's possible to get bail after a conviction by appealing, but it generally doesn't happen in cases like this. But in Hawaii, YMMV.
Well, I'm holding out then for felon or other...It just depresses me to think they're free until sentencing while the victim has been disabled. I've read conversations that go both ways, jail and bail. Hoping for answer.
As of 8 days ago, the security guard was still paralysed from the shoulders down and will likely never walk again.

I dont think there will be any bail.. a t least for the two convicted of second degree attempted murder. The other one I'm not sure, but I doubt it.
They have been in jail because they couldn't post bail to get out .
Another conviction brings a (kind of) answer: "After the verdict was read, the government moved to remand Katherine Kealoha, which means she could be held in custody ahead of sentencing in October." HNN