Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CU Hawaii web site
CU Hawaii just redid it's website. It is big on art work and pathetic on functionality. Hard to log in, you have to call in to get a code almost every time. It has three lines of transactions and the rest is big pictures and boxes. Bill pay is equally cryptic. [xx(]
Has anyone else been frustrated by their anti-improvements?
Yes, I sent them an email complaining and asked to be called by a real person. I got what I think was a canned response to the email telling me why I will like this mess if I would just use the new phone app that goes with it. Huh? I prefer do do my banking on a secure PC. Oh, and when I still hadn't got that call three weeks later, I phoned the office. After a long wait, I was told I'd be happier with the phone app. I'm thinking about moving my accounts after 15 years.
Me too! The bill pay section is now outsourced. On the old site vendors who needed checks would receive them in 3-4 days. I went to the new site shortly after it came online and all my payees were gone. Had to enter all contact info and account numbers again, then paid everyone. I checked back in a few days and nothing had gone through. Repaid everyone again and checks to vendors, all local, took seven days to go through causing me to be late in the payments. I'll call and complain too. This is NOT an improvement.
Certainty will be the death of us.
CU later!
From their news-letter, comments in ---, just in case anyone from CU H. ever reads, and to commiserate with the rest of you that aren't impressed:

A few of our new features!

Access to all of your accounts through a single user name.
---- FALSE - still have to have 2 log-ins one for buisness, one for personal, just like before, only now I have to get a text code EVERY time I switch between logins ----

Fingerprint Touch, Face ID or PIN access on Mobile Devices.
---- I avoid mobile device banking, its insecure - so this doesn't matter

Stop payment requests on a consecutive series of checks.
---- I've never stopped a payment, and I can't imagine a reason to stop a series. Is this really a common need?

Set up text and e-mail alerts for credits, debits, or even daily accounbalances.
---- I had text alerts before.

Added transaction search functions.
---- we'll see - I figure I search for a transaction once every other year or so.

Attach a note or image to your transactions.
---- Why? Probably doesn't work from desktop, likely a mobile feature, again why?

Secure Messaging with Member Service Representatives during
business hours.
---- From a desktop? Have not seen this - would have used if it worked - to get help with the so-called "improved" website.

Living the good life - off the grid in Puna
Living the good life - off the grid in Puna
I'm not impressed with their Keaau Branch,it looks like it cost millions $$$ with all high tech stuff, but when I actually go there the service is slow sometimes most of the remote banking machines inside and out are (out of order). They seem to have plenty of staff milling around, but not many actually helping customers. I try to avoid going there.
"I can't imagine a reason to stop a series. Is this really a common need?"

It is if you lose your checkbook or the entire box is stolen from your mailbox.
People still write paper checks?
There's another way to pay AARP membership?

"I'm not impressed with their Keaau Branch" Green

I believe it was supposed to be a James Bond set for a movie that didn't get done: "Poi Finger" or "Dr Maybe" not sure.

No improvement on the web site. Still the same format, lots of art and little functionality. I really looks like they are ensnared with a web site vendor who is in over their head, just hoping that ignoring the problems will make them go away. I just wish HFS would open a branch in Pahoa, maybe they are better, I have no experience with them.