Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"historical trauma" really?
https://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2019/...al-trauma/

A University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo student went before the Mauna Kea Management Board on Friday, and tearfully asked for help as she struggles with historical trauma as a Native Hawaiian.

Grace Bezilla told the board that the Office of Mauna Kea Management “is a part of UH. It’s involved in creating all the trauma that’s happening on the mountain, and has been happening on the mountain. Its the big elephant in the room. I’m a student at UH. There’s nothing that’s currently in place for me – a student of my age – experiencing historical trauma. And so it’s failing me.”

“Will it take me, a UH student, dying, to be heard?” Bezilla asked the board. “I really ask everyone in this room to hear this, because – yes, you’re making motions on things that affect something on a mountain, but you’re also part of a university that’s first and foremost thing is for students, and what’s gonna happen when students start dying? Do you want that on your conscience?”

Perhaps college was a poor choice for this student.
"when students start dying"?

More like hysterical drama...
Okay. I had to look this one up. It appears that someone is taking psychology 101. Evidently, you can also transmit it by holding your child's hand. Who knew?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/...enerations
Certainty will be the death of us.
The Normans invaded England in 1066 and almost 1000 years later the French are not liked. I guess maybe there's something to this... Wink
Anonymous: "Life's a bitch, and then you die..."
The Eagles: "Get Over It..." (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWditrKW43o)
Grace Bezilla needs a safe room to go hide in.
"Someone that understands historical trauma that doesn't necessarily have to do with substance abuse."

"It's not alcoholism or substance abuse that's gonna kill them it's gonna be UH's management on Mauna Kea"

Good luck negotiating, Harry Kim.
@randomq... it's gonna be UH's management on Mauna Kea"

I think the elephant in the rm has been outed...nice work randomq
quote:
Originally posted by Frank

@randomq... it's gonna be UH's management on Mauna Kea"

I think the elephant in the rm has been outed...nice work randomq

Huh?

Cheers,
Kirt
excuse knieft...I can certainly see your confusion as I failed to copy enough of the line...so

"It's not alcoholism or substance abuse that's gonna kill them it's gonna be UH's management on Mauna Kea"

eta...My intimation is "directed to the entire negotiation in this event", Uh's past management may kill everything including TMT unless telescopes scheduled for removal are initiated immediately, in a meaningful fashion, who knows...The UH is THE central player...

I'm guessing randomq was referencing the students, I am not...