Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry Ice
Since Target now sells sodastream cylinders, but at an exorbitant price with no refill options,I thought I would follow the youtube video that uses dry ice. So the question is, then, where do I buy dry ice?
Safeway had it at one time, I don't know that they still do. Call first.
Call Alii Ice. And or Airgas in Hilo.
Maybe J. Hara Store in Kurtistown, they have everything.
Air gas in Hilo.
Yes, the winner is Air Gas. No one else recommended carries it. Target, however, started selling replacement cylinders for about 15 bucks, half price but still more than the 6 bucks Air Gas charges for a pound of dry ice. Thanks for your suggestions.
(11-23-2019, 11:50 AM)Gus Wrote: Since Target now sells sodastream cylinders, but at an exorbitant price with no refill options,I thought I would follow the youtube video that uses dry ice. So the question is, then, where do I buy dry ice?

There is a newer type of water carbonator that doesn't require CO2.

https://amzn.to/3KzZGUb

It still requires inputs, but baking soda and citric acid can be purchased cheap, and can be shipped in the mail.
(01-23-2022, 01:00 AM)terracore Wrote:
(11-23-2019, 11:50 AM)Gus Wrote: Since Target now sells sodastream cylinders, but at an exorbitant price with no refill options,I thought I would follow the youtube video that uses dry ice. So the question is, then, where do I buy dry ice?

There is a newer type of water carbonator that doesn't require CO2.

https://amzn.to/3KzZGUb

It still requires inputs, but baking soda and citric acid can be purchased cheap, and can be shipped in the mail.

Target now does cylinder exchanges.  I've done it a number of times. The exchange price is about $15.
Tip for Big Island users:
When you carbonate your beverage, make sure the wind in your location is blowing AWAY from the Mauna Loa Observatory.  You wouldn't want to juice the CO2 measurements there and have social media or Faux News claim CO2 readings are not actually increasing, it's just a bunch of homemade bubble makers and drinkers in Puna skewing the statistics.
How many liters worth do you get out of a $15 cylinder?