Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's official!
I finally found a house to rent!!! We are officially Puna residents now. It was the ONLY place left that was big enough for my family and would consider pets. Now I know I'm blessed. We are on 12th and Paradise in HPP, it's a beutiful fenced acre with a raised house that is full height underneath, so there's plenty of room out of the rain to host one of the future Punatic parties. I can't even tell you how relieved and excited I am. But the best part was getting to call my wife and tell her that we have a house. We've both been incredibly stressed about the housing situation, so now maybe we can get some sleep.
Aloha,
Mark

Aloha Mark! Happy Days! good for you guys!!
I'm popping open a cold one right now in your honor! hope your doing the same.. Kick back and relax brah!

HADave

PS thanks for the tip on the used car dealer. I was real happy about the mechanic specials he offers.

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

Yeah Mark! I knew you had it in ya.... we all look forward to welcoming the wife when she arrives. You will find good work on this side and your family will be happy here. Puna is awesome, and there are a thousand things to do for those kids. Weee Haaaa!!!!
Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Congrats Mark
I guess you were just meant to be an eastsider. LOL

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Gald to see your not moving to Kona.
Was nice meeting you at Pam's. Hope the
job situation comes together. Good luck to you and your family.

Wyatt

"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Hey Mark progress!!! Yessss. I hope you and your family will find the east side welcoming. It is our favorite and I think you will find it is more family oriented and your family will be happy here. Hey Lisa will get to meet the Lamonts, see the farm, the progress and feel encouragement too. Best of luck to you and your family. It was so nice to meet you at the Punaparty, and I thought you were headed to Kona then so what changed?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Kona chewed me up and spat me back over to the east side...lol...I guess we just weren't meant to be on the west side, and I couldn't be happier that it worked out this way. I already feel at home.
Aloha,
Mark

I am soo happy we are gonna be on the best side of the island. I wanna tell you I was stresed to death when Mark called me and said he was looking in Kona at a house for 2400.00 a month. I about flipped!! Great job honey!! I miss you lots and love you more!! I look forward to meeting everyone on the forum I have heard so much about,you all seem like super peoples. I am now entering the countdown,can't wait. We lost power thurs at 815am and did not get it back until friday at 1030am. It was 19 degrees and I could see my breath in teh house. Trees were in the power lines. My daughter and I put 3 layers of clothes on and used 10 blankets and 2 dogs and 1 cat in the bed.I felt bad for the dogs as I just got them shaved for their trip to the warmer climate,poor guys were frozen. But soon no more of that!! See you guys soon. Love ya Honey!! Aloha, Lisa

Coming to Hawaii!! Yeah!
Coming to Hawaii!! Yeah!
That's great news Mark. The house sounds wonderful. What a big relief.

$2400 for a house in Kona...scary!

My family and I will be doing the same thing in about 6 months. Can you let us know the prices ranges of the homes for rent in Puna?

Congratulations on finding the perfect place for your family.

~Raquel

I spent my first night in our new house last night and slept like a baby, until the roosters started in about 3 am. The coqui's are music compared to those roosters! Once our dogs show up I doubt we'll see too many chickens around any more though.
And in response to msmoto, rental prices on the east side range from $900-$1500 a month for 3-4 bedroom/ 1-3 bath house. And as long as you don't have pets, you wont have any trouble finding something. With pets......is tough! Good luck!
Aloha,
Mark