Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow...ITS COLD!!!
56 degrees on the ocean in HPP this morning.
I don't know what it is up here in HA, but I am starting to wonder if perhaps the Earth's poles migrated and we're now in the arctic zone...
I’m wearing long pants.
And a jacket.
In the house.

Any temp from someone in Volcano?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Our 35 kilo dog Mannfresser crawled into bed with Frau Chunkster and me this morning to warm up, causing quite a disturbance. The only thing that got him out was an offer of Blutwurst with his breakfast.
Our 35 kilo dog Mannfresser crawled into bed

1 dog morning in Hawaii = 3 dog night in aboriginal Australia
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
54 in Eden roc

jrw
jrw
Think it's cold down here? Last night (Fri/Sat 7/8th Feb) Mauna Kea summit temperature dropped to about 10 degrees Fahrenheit with 80 mph gusts. That's about as cold as I've seen it up there.
After almost 35 years in Alaska I found it impossible to throw out my fleece jackets, vests, and pants or my wool shirts.
I still have and wear them on winter mornings until the sun begins warming things up.
This is one case where being a creature of habit has paid off.

I'm still amazed at the similarities between Alaska and Hawaii.
The usual coldest period of an Alaskan winter is late January and early February when the cold air moves down out of the interior.
Hawaii has a very similar pattern and timing.

I've been patiently waiting for the cooler drier period to start so that I can pour cement foundations and build new sheds.
I've got the 1st shed almost done.
I'll be starting sit prep for shed #2 very soon.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
"The usual coldest period of an Alaskan winter is late January and early February when the cold air moves down out of the interior.
Hawaii has a very similar pattern and timing.
"

It's called winter and happens in the northern hemisphere at this time of year.
1v1 watch out on those sheds, Harry is taking input to formulate a plan on steps towards recovery right now, and he may not want that new construction going on. Also you should turn in your winter coats so CD can distribute them to you after they are needed. Well after.

Freeeezing this morning (figuratively anyway)...