Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know about Tractor Supply opening?
I heard the opening was delayed until winter of 2020 because of “permitting” issues.
There’s also a sign up.
Anyone know more?

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Needed a urinal added?
There is a second sign that says they are hiring, so it may be soon.I stick my head in the door to yell at them to get to work about once a week.
They have even been working on weekends.

https://tractorsupply.jobs/jobs/search#/detail/35246701

The permitting issues are island wide and have to do with the new energy code and the backlog at planning created by short term vacation rentals.
new energy code and the backlog at planning

Planning had a huge backlog before the energy code and vacation rentals.

Forcing projects to run out of money is how they "manage" the growth here.
I asked them a few weeks ago and they said end of March... "but maybe April because it's Hawaii."

I forgot to ask what year.

What surprised me is they said they aren't closing the current location when the new one opens. I don't know if that is permanent or just until the lease expires or whatever. I had also heard that the new store is going to be more of a "grab and go" type operation and not where you have to pay and then go wait for somebody to collect your order, unless you need help loading.

So, is Tractor Supply and Dels related then?

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
"So, is Tractor Supply and Dels related then?"

Tractor Supply owns Del's.

They may keep Del's open because they need a place to sell the stuff that is at Del's.

The Tractor Supply stores on the mainland are like two stores in one, a grab and go and a supply yard where you can load up a truck.