Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PGV delayed some more
https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...f-of-2020/

due to a delay in a building permit that was received just last week.

One would hope that necessary infrastructure which aligns with the State "clean energy" goals might get a little help from the permitting agencies.

I wonder how that Hu Honua is going?
I've been told that Harry routinely holds up PGV's permits - allegedly, one of their key permits was stalled until Harry was out sick for a few days, and only then was the acting mayor able to get it issued...

Face it guys, Hawaii Island is Harry's personal banana republic...

And with a cast of thousands running for mayor, the one who will get elected is the one with name recognition rather than anyone who, by only the slimmest of probabilities, is actually qualified...
It appears PGV has stopped drilling for now. Those of us downwind to the coast have been getting fumed out to say the least. Nice to not wake up with a headache.
the one who will get elected is the one with name recognition

The rule of thumb for OHA elections is that candidates whose last name begins with the letter A get elected, because voters don’t recognize who’s running, so they just vote for the first names on the ballot.
Not the best & brightest, just the luck of the alphabet.

For mayor, voters cast their ballot for the guy they’ve heard of over the years as you pointed out geochem, but that name recognition doesn’t mean he’s qualified for the job.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
the one who will get elected is the one with name recognition

Ah. So we're getting another term of Mayor Kim whether he runs or not.
So we're getting another term of Mayor Kim whether he runs or not.

Depends on whether election officials will allow write in votes like Hairy Kim or King Kam Kim to count. If Harry appointed them, he's a shoo in.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
geochem - anyone who, by only the slimmest of probabilities, is actually qualified...

Wait, some of them are qualified? Serious question, maybe for the other thread.

As for PGV permits, well yeah, as long as the Planning Dept and County Govt is equally ineffectual and incompetent to everyone, it's all fair and ethical, right? (apologies to Rob)
Big fund raiser for legal fees on Saturday. A real who's who of PGV haters and tin foil hat people !

A'OLE PGV PRESENTER
11:00-12:00 Michael Riley & Larry Wood ending with "Ua Mau Ke Ea O Ka Aina"
12:00-12:10 Opening emcee Sara Steiner
12:10-12:20 Robert Petricci - Puna Pono Alliance
12:20-12:25 Sista C - orignial song as a poem "'A'OLE PGV"
12:25 - 12:35 Rene Siracusa - Malama O Puna
12:35-12:55 Christopher Biltoft - Hydrogen Sulfide Toxicity
12:55-1:05 Paul Kuykendall - The Dirty Dozen secrets of geothermal
1:05- 1:10 Kaonohiokalani Jeremiah "Taste the bitter waters, I ku mau mau"
1:10-1:20 Luana Jones - 30 years of PGV impacts
1:20-1:40 Dr. Sally Boyd - health impacts
1:40-2:00 Intermission - Sara silent auction review and asking for money
2:00-2:10 Michael Hale - PGV impacts
2:10-2:30 Kat Emery - Kapoho water, air and some comic relief
2:30-2:35 Kenneth Peeler - PGV impacts
2:35-3:00 Sara Steiner Larry Wood presentation
3:00-3:10 Robbie McGrath - Leilani Hula Halau
3:10-3:30 Andrew Brewer - Why this island needs Solar (Orchid Isle Solar)
3:30-3:40 Mike Ruggles - shut down PGV - county fracking and night drilling ban
3:40-4:15 Kazumi Arakaki performance art
4:15-4:30 Silent Auction and Mahalos
4:30- T-Ray
5:30- Jaris & Stefani
6:30-8:00 Closing Band still unconfirmed
It was so nice for those of us in lower Puna when USGS officially stated the gases from the 2018 lava event were finally decreasing and the air was more clear than had been in decades, a well deserved reality for us. Then within a month PGV gets a permit to drill 100 wells and the sulphur smell was bad enough to burn your sinuses combined with Pentane.

Yep the pentane gas alarm was going off regularly on the recently calibrated detection meter which was verified by a PGV engineer.

Geothermal is a great source of energy but PGV is simply too close to residential areas and schools.
Really looking forward to PGV coming back online. It's so great we are blessed with an abundance of geothermal energy and don't have to rely on fossil fuels or unsustainable alternatives.