Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star compliant drivers license
So I don't have a star on my drivers license which means I can't use it as ID for TSA starting in October. My license was reissued in May of 2017 and is good until 2025. I heard that you can just go on-line and get a duplicate with the star on it for just $7.00 if your license was reissued between 2014 and 2018. I found this site

https://www1.honolulu.gov/duplicates/

and tried renewing but I was denied.

Maybe because it was for Oahu? Anyone know of a link for getting a duplicate license on-line with the star for Big Island residents?
There is no way to get it online in Hawaii County.

I had that same thing happen to me and had to resubmit all the information. You need to have a paper social security card and it can't be laminated.
You need a birth certificate or passport and a couple of bills mailed to your address.
can't use it as ID for TSA starting in October

Passport works for both TSA and drivers' license renewal.

This whole thing is just another scam: DMV already went through REAL ID compliance, they just "forgot" to put the gold star, that way everyone has to get their license reissued.
another scam: ... that way everyone has to get their license reissued.

Yes, because when I'm in the back of the line at the DMV my first thought is, this place could use more customers.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The DMV didn't forget the star, they left it off on purpose because they didn't want the star.
Here is a list of the things you need . I had a hard time with the proof of residence because I get all of my bills on line.

Complete a driver license application;
Present original or certified copy of document(s) for proof of name and date of birth;
Present proof of Social Security Number;
Present original or certified copy of document(s) for proof of legal presence;
Present two (2) documents for Proof of Residence Address (If your post office box is your mailing address, you must also bring in a document with your physical address listed)
Complete and pass eye screening;
Have a clear driving status on the National Driver Registry.
Have a clear driving status on the National Driver Registry.

Another good joke. DMV told me "no can" so I called my previous states, they all said no problem, went back to DMV and a different clerk was happy to issue my license.

Similar to the "you need to have it weighed" (because we've never registered a Tacoma before).
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

The DMV didn't forget the star, they left it off on purpose because they didn't want the star...
Oh no, Obie's a conspiracy theorist..

Instead of following anyone's incomplete list it is best, imo, to follow the state's.

Here's their..

LIST OF ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR A REAL ID COMPLIANT (STAR) HAWAII DRIVER’S LICENSE, INSTRUCTION PERMIT, PROVISIONAL DRIVER’S LICENSE (all caps are the state's)

Found at:

https://hidot.hawaii.gov/highways/files/...-02-21.pdf

Follow it religiously. If your name is different than the one on your birth certificate there's a mountain to climb. If you get your mail at a post office, be sure you have the two docs needs. AND be sure they are less than 60 day old.
Macuu, yep, the online is only for Honolulu (if you look at your link, it is for Honolulu)
HPR had a show last year on the Star Compliant & that question was raised by many call-ins, & the reasoning was that not all of the counties KEPT THE COPIES OF THE DOCUMENTS YOU BROUGHT IN. I yelled that because I did call in & question, what if anything, those counties (including ours) did to safeguard that information. The official on the show had no answers.
For me, the good news was that my old ID (2017 issue) was fraying & I got a re-issue & upgrade to a Star at Pahoa, and though I did bring all of the documentation, they did have all of my needed records on file.
How about you just lost your license and need a replacement. Thereby they give you a new one with a gold star.
As kalakoa said, just get a passport. They're good for 10 years.