Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Census
I've been seeing ads for the 2020 census on local TV. The website 2020census.gov indicates that a census will either be left at our residence and/or a postcard in the mail with a unique number that allows the census to be completed online. I have not yet received either of these.

The website does allow you to begin completing the census without the above. However, when I try to enter our address it comes up as unknown. This is a home and property with a Hawaii County TMK. We do have a free PO Box at local post office since we have no mail delivery and provide yearly proof of physical address to post office staff.

Does anyone know what the Census Bureau's plan is for cases where physical residence does not receive USPS mail delivery?
I have one coming in the mail but it's not here yet.

I get an email notice of any mail arriving.
Got mine today, someone hand delivering them. The form looks really simple.

Puna: Our roosters crow first
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Surely you washed your hands after they gave it to you.
The fellow that delivered mine today told me that he was getting 24 bucks an hour to deliver them! Don't know if it is worth it or not when he told me about the dogs he had to fight off with his umbrella!!

rrlovesbi, try omitting the dash in the address. Many sites won't accept special characters.
You can respond over the phone.

https://2020census.gov/en/ways-to-respon...phone.html
Update:  At beginning of June found a plastic bag with census form hung on our gate.  Went online and entered the code on the form and address appeared correctly.  After completing census received a confirmation number with our address that I printed. 

During this past weekend another census worker left a form at the gate with another code to go online or call to complete census.  Called the phone number on the form and explained the above.  A very nice gentleman explained that they do not know if a census has been completed online and they have been sending workers out to rural areas and leaving notices on any property that might appear to have someone living there.  

I'm a little suspicious that the census office does not know if someone has completed a census online for a household.  In any case posted a copy of the confirmation from June on the gate if they come by again.
Similar story here. I filled in the census, online, on April 1st. About a month ago a census worker visited and asked me to answer his census questions. I'm sure it was legit and he showed me ID. Halfway through answering questions I stopped him and told him I'd already done this online. He told me that he'd been told the same thing by several people he'd been sent out to interview and he didn't know what the cause of the problem was. He was very apologetic but obviously something is screwed up somewhere.

All the questions he asked were legitimate census questions and nothing that had me worried about being conned. He didn't ask for private information and stuck to questions I'd already answered online.
Me too. Except that we filled out the hard copy and mailed it back so no confirmation number. Two months later someone came to our house and we had to answer all the same questions again. Maybe we'll all get counted twice.