Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
How will they keep us shut down
If the governor of Hawaii has he way will be shut down until the whole state is destroy we should be working on a plan now to open back up . Let the older people stay home but lets get people back to work.

jrw
jrw
Who is the "we" that should be working on a plan? Does it include you or is it more of a royal "we"?
Ige has only to mismanage the "recovery" the same way Kim is handling the most recent lava flow. Eventually people will give up and move along, right?
more of a royal "we"?

Wait!
What!
Is the Kingdom of Hawaii or Hawaiian Kingdom picking up where Ige left off with his plan to destroy the whole state? Weren’t we complaining a few weeks ago that ige & Harry Kim didn't shut things down fast enough? That they were exposing us to all manner of COVID-19 carriers on every flight listed under “Arrivals” at the airport?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by ironyak

Who is the "we" that should be working on a plan? Does it include you or is it more of a royal "we"?

We the state I guess you are a resident of the state are you a kingdom person.

jrw
jrw
Given their prior performances, most likely Ige and Kim will be re-opening business as usual here in Hawaii asap. The sooner the better. I'm with Sweden, let the weak stay at home and protect themselves and let the able bodied take personal responsibility for not spreading the virus with voluntary social distancing, masks, testing etc..
The Governor is in charge of the State - have to let him know your preferred plans I guess. Maybe he'll follow "King" Trump's suggestions from the sidelines, or maybe he'll mutiny (and send "total authority" Captain Bligh(t) rowing home... )

https://www.hawaiipublicradio.org/post/w...y#stream/0
we should be working on a plan..

From our very own local rag..

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...my-is-now/

HI-EMA chief says time to plan for reopening state’s economy is now

Exciting, don't you think?
Maybe he'll follow "King" Trump's suggestions from the sidelines...

Just to put our illustrious king's cavalier public approach in some sort of perspective..

https://www.newsweek.com/exclusive-washi...re-1498276

As Washington DC Faces Coronavirus Spike, Secret Military Task Force Prepares to Secure the Capital.

District of Columbia Mayor Muriel Bowser yesterday ordered a one-month extension of the state of emergency, as cases in the region grow at a rapid pace. Federal officials in the nation's capital expect a New York-like epidemic in the District, Maryland and Virginia, one that could potentially cripple the government.

"No one wants to talk evacuation, especially when there's nowhere to go," says a senior military officer working on continuity of government planning; he requested anonymity because he is not authorized to speak on the record.

But a little-known military task force charged with evacuating Washington has already been activated, a task force charged with the most sensitive government mission of "securing" Washington in the face of attackers, foreign and domestic—and if necessary, moving White House and other key government offices to alternate locations.

It's a page turner for sure. Only question left is who gets the Hollywood right?
Hara replied the time to plan is now and “at some point, we’ve got to open the state up.”
“And to be able do that, I’ve got to have a plan. That doesn’t mean I’m gonna do it tomorrow,” he said.

If there's one thing Hawaii government loves, it's "having a plan" when they don't mean it.