Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's Amazon / USPS doin'?
Well, it's been almost a month since my last order.
One item apparently got lost somewhere in CA before it could get to HI.
Amazon last update 3/1.
USPS last update 3/5.
So, I did find them locally and got some anyway.
I'm getting ready to cancel the order because Amazon's correction deadline is approaching.

I have been holding off placing any more orders.
My confidence in Amazon has been severely shaken, at least when they send by USPS.
But, the list is growing pretty big, need to do something soon.

I'm considering placing another order.
I'm worried about how much will end up making it here.
Any reports on how well Amazon and USPS operations have been doing recently?

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, nothing left.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
non essential items are taking at least a month before they put them in the mail. Food related items are showing up within a week. mixed orders are being broken into separate deliveries.
I wanted to order a book on Amazon because all the libraries here are closed and because I have Prime. Amazon came back with a 6 week delivery estimate. I decided to wait for the library to reopen.
If you buy used books/CDs from an independent seller listed through Amazon, they ship more-or-less immediately.

A paperback or CD fits in my mailbox. Collecting the mail is an essential activity. Small used bookstore makes a few dollars. Win-win-win.

If you are in desperate need of a book, consider reading here and then paying the authors directly or ordering a hard copy later:

https://archive.org/details/nationalemergencylibrary
https://b-ok.cc/
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/fiction/
I have a 4TB hdd filled with fiction and non fiction EPUBs, PDFs, and such, plus a kindle and PC monitor.
Enough reading material is not my problem.
I have enough to last a few years of heavy reading.
I really don't need that many because I spend most somewhat dry days out working in the yard.
Rainy days are my reading days.

M'Lady is a boob-tube addict.
She's got Kodi and runs it constantly.
I need to pickup a variety of items from bird netting for fruit trees to hearing protectors [muffs and plugs] and a steam vaporizer, plus a few other miscellaneous items.

Responses so far lead me to think another Amazon order'll be a waste.
The lost item was a health related item and was lost by USPS.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, nothing left.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
kander - non essential items are taking at least a month before they put them in the mail. Food related items are showing up within a week. mixed orders are being broken into separate deliveries.

Seen about the same: 3-4 weeks out for most items, all separated into individual shipments. Had one item head east instead of going west, young man, and it had to be resent - took about 6 weeks from original order to arrival.

As long as you're not counting on anything arriving by any particular day, it still works as a way to get some goodies.
strange, stuff I ordered a month ago due to arrive this week.
Food items.. 6 days.
Guess mileage may vary from order to order.
I’ve cut down my ordering from Amazon mostly to things I can’t get locally or from other online retailers since the pandemic took hold. What I have purchased has had 3-4 week delivery times. Saturday around noon, I ordered a pair of shoes. They were delivered today about 1pm. I have never received an item that quickly before. I figure it must have been a combo of “essential” and the timing was perfect. It was delivered to the address in Hilo I use by the USPS. I think the original estimate was this coming Saturday.
I ordered goji berry plants from Baker Creek four days ago, received the plants through USPS today.

And it's free shipping from Florida.

The plants look nice and healthy.