Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saddle Mountain trash
I see the protester on the mountain still have a lot of trash on the mountain. What a shame that they care for the land so much. The Tribune had a story couple of days ago with pic of the trash

jrw
jrw
We're not supposed to talk about it, that's "dirty tactics".
It would be a revealing juxtaposition if a photo of the Access Road garbage-camp-site were placed next to a drawing of the TMT, along with the many comments “The Protectors” have made about the TMT. Which shows desecration? Which is the site creating pollution on Mauna Kea?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Back when we had tourists, I was talking to one and they asked me why there was a homeless camp up in the middle of nowhere and why they were flying the British flag upside down.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
I may have to go to the summit in the next week or so. If that happens, I'll try and stop to take pictures of the campsite and share them.
Those protesters are the same folks who may live on your street, or the next street over from any of you and I can assure you, that is the exact same manner in which they care for their own property. I call these folks, "Local Pigs".
Those protesters are the same folks who may live on your street, or the next street over from any of you... I call these folks, "Local Pigs"

There's no "may" about it - they do live in your neighborhood, around the corner, down the block, and next door. They are your neighbors, if not your friends. Just ask Napoleon, Snowball, and Squealer next time you see them heading your way Mr. Jones.
But, but, but the leaders of the protesters said they were going to clean up the mess as soon as the corona virus is under control. We all know they'll keep their word and take care of it as soon as the shelter in place order is over. (Where's that sarcasm emoticon?)
Desecration of the mauna.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Like leilanidude said, they are pigs. They probably think it IS "cleaned up".