Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
United Air Drops $200 Change Fee Permanently
From United Airlines today:

We’re getting rid of change fees for good on all standard Economy and Premium tickets for travel within the U.S. and making same-day standby free for everyone.

Also, starting in January, United will let customers fly standby for free on other flights the same day as their booked flight, reports the Associated Press
They have to do something to get people to fly them now that they're filling middle seats.
I like the way they use the wording "for free" when they really mean "no extra charge". You're still paying for the flight. And if you're flying from Hilo, there is no other flight on the same day. Incidentally, are they still flying to Hilo at the moment?
(09-01-2020, 08:08 AM)TomK Wrote: I like the way they use the wording "for free" when they really mean "no extra charge". You're still paying for the flight. And if you're flying from Hilo, there is no other flight on the same day. Incidentally, are they still flying to Hilo at the moment?

United is not flying into Hilo presently.  Beginning Oct. 1 they will resume service, once Hawaii is open to tourism again.  Insert sardonic laughter emoji at end of last sentence.
Beginning Oct. 1

What year? After there's a vaccine and/or a new governor, I would guess.