Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart+ Free Shipping
Walmart unveiled a new service today which I believe includes their Hilo store  (with more benefits than a similar program it replacesj:

The initial list of Walmart+ benefits are below. The list of benefits will continue to grow over time.
  • Unlimited free delivery: In-store prices as fast as same-day on more than 160,000 items from tech and toys to household essentials and groceries. This service was previously known as Delivery Unlimited – a subscription service that allows customers to place an unlimited number of deliveries for a low, flat yearly or monthly fee. Current subscribers will automatically become Walmart+ members.

• Scan & Go: Unlock Scan & Go in the Walmart app — a fast way to shop in-store. Using the Walmart app, customers can scan their items as they shop and pay using Walmart Pay for a quick, easy, touch-free payment experience.
    https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2...es-walmart

Personally, I’m not a big fan of Walmart, but if the coming flu season intensifies with a combination of COVID-19 plus a yearly flu strain circulating through our population simultaneously, it might be a good way to get packaged foods delivered quickly, with minimal exposure to other shoppers.  terracore noted in another thread that he received his last Amazon box in three days.  If that becomes the norm, Amazon might still be the better choice as they have a larger selection of products, even among food items.
Amazon might still be the better choice as they have a larger selection of products, even among food items.
------------
Amazon has not been shipping food items to Hawaii since early March.
I had thought it would be a good choice during the lock downs, but although you can put the item in the cart, you cannot actually purchase.
I have had shelf stable food items shipped here by Amazon for the past 6 months.
I haven’t ordered food but the item I received today was shipped from Fresno on Saturday, Kona Sunday night, Keaau PO Monday, delivered Tuesday. That could work for some foodseasily.
I d/l the walmart app and punch in 96720 the only option is "join waitlist".
I d/l the walmart app 

I’m curious whether Hilo Walmart will enable the Scan & Go app for their store.  I haven’t been there in years, but in the past I watched checkout clerks dig through pants pockets when they rang them up, open shoe boxes and reach into both shoes, looking for small items hidden there by the customer.  Then, the greeter demands your receipt & rummages through the cart, looking for who knows what because you just went through the checkout stand five feet away from them.

Theft seems like a serious problem at the Hilo store.  Putting a self checkout app in the hands of some customers might require a secondary verification system.