Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii Restaurant Cash Card Program
There’s a big allocation in Hawaii’s budget for free bland Asian food at restaurants if you’re a Hawaii resident and unemployed.  No details, but one could assume properly seasoned entrees are included as well:

But the largest single item on the list is the $66.6 million for a “Restaurant Cash Card Program,” which is described as a “private-public partnership to provide financial support to unemployment claimants.”

The idea is to provide cards to unemployed workers to use at local restaurants, but no information was available on how much money might be allocated per household or per claimant.
https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/09/new-pr...staurants/
Unemployed: get extra unemployment, double EBT, food drops, and free restaurant food.

Working though the pandemic in a high risk job: thanks for risking your health and paying your taxes.

It's not that we shouldn't help the unemployed, but that we should also do something nice for the people still working and struggling. It seems like people at the bottom are getting bailed out, people at the top are getting bailed out, and the working class just works. Maybe some of those Target workers would appreciate a cash card for a few hot meals!
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/09/30...staurants/

Under the $75 million program, funded with federal CARES Act dollars, those receiving jobless benefits will get a $500 “Hawaii Restaurant Card” that can be used at any eatery in the state.
It was not immediately clear if there were other eligibility restrictions.
People will not have to apply for the program but will receive it automatically in the mail.
The $500 card must be spent by Dec. 15.

The "restrictions" are that you can buy booze, but not groceries.
I got a rock.
Shut up and eat your peas!
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
I have to wonder if they will be good tippers?

(10-01-2020, 04:32 AM)terracore Wrote: I got a rock.

I would have thought you would have received bland Asian food?
Rumor has it the "restaurant" card is actually just a prepaid debit card with no restrictions.
the "restaurant" card is actually just a prepaid debit card

It’s almost as if the state comes up with a budget for a specific purpose, and then spends the money on something else entirely.   
(10-21-2020, 06:10 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Rumor has it the "restaurant" card is actually just a prepaid debit card with no restrictions.
 Can't use it for liquor.
(10-21-2020, 06:35 AM)Obie Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 06:10 AM)kalakoa Wrote: Rumor has it the "restaurant" card is actually just a prepaid debit card with no restrictions.
 Can't use it for liquor.

Yes you can. The money saved using the card can be spent on liquor.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!