Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess there really is a refrigerator shortage
Just for fun, I asked at Home Depot about availability, and they said all refrigerators are special order only. 
I guess if your refrigerator dies, you’re skrood.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
A quick internet search of the Kona Lowe's shows 35 different models in stock. I think the Hilo Home Depot has problems with shrinkage (damaged products) and available space.
I recently went through this - fridge died.
Sure, there are units in stock - IF you want a $1700-$3,000 model!

Finally found one at Lowe's as they had just got a container delivered with 10 of a cheaper model - on sale for $808. Delivery to Puna was another issue. They come to Puna on Tuesday and Saturday. My earliest delivery was going to be 3 weeks out as the truck was "full" for the other delivery dates. A friend has been waiting just over 3 months for a replacement deep freeze, ordered from Home Depot.

The only alternative in an emergency, is to go to Smith's (house of horrors) and buy a used one, then get rid of it when your new one arrives.
I took a chance on Sears and ordered a chest type freezer. Delivery will be November 23rd.
I've been waiting on a Bosch fridge and stove from Lowe's since March.

I got a dorm fridge from Smiths. Great guy. Great price. $50.
The top loader chest freezers have been non-existent in my part of California since the pandemic started. I've been looking for the longest time with no luck. I was in Home Depot for some other reason and stumbled into one sitting in the walkway. I asked the guy working there and he said they got 6 in that morning, this was the last one. Snapped it up.
The Hilo Target has 7 cu/ft chest freezers on sale for $189.99.
My chest freezer from Sears didn't arrive on the 23rd and now being told December 15th. Problem is I have to empty out a fridge at my condo by the 12th because the new owners of the condo take possession on the 12th.
Bought a refrigerator freezer at Lowe's because they have them in stock. They can't deliver until December 23rd but it's available for pickup today.
So I get to drive to Kona.

Just looked at the Target website and it says this:

In stock at Hawaii-Hilo
Edit store
Not eligible for Order Pickup / Drive up
Aisle F23
Same Day Delivery to 96720
Edit zip code
Not eligible for Same Day Delivery to this address
This item isn't available for shipping.

I guess you have to load it in a shopping cart !
As Leilani guy and Chas said there's Smith's second hand furniture and appliances.  "House of Horrors" eh Leilani guy?  What was your experience?  50$ Chas, how long you had it?  The one I bought from there in the past was $150 if I recall correctly.  It lasted 14 months.
Smith's is like a hoarder that decides they have to sometimes, sell some of their stuff. I have purchased various things over the years from them and sometimes they will actually say, Oh, we don't want to sell that... You have to wonder why not? Things are stacked literally to the roof of the warehouse and you have to climb over things.