Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NE1 know the link for the safe travels website?
KGMB news talked about it but to get it, you had to go to their website and I can’t find it there.
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
safetravels.hawaii.gov.

I am offended by the idea that we need to register (with selfie) and upload documents for the privilege of traveling within our state of residence.

Maybe it's just me.
You can't register without a flight number and date.
I thought I could just randomly register and be done with it, be in their database.
Database is junk too, still gotta show your card on entry.
The selfie is optional. I did upload my vaccination card though.
Flying to HNL Thursday, will see how this goes.
We fly one way to Honolulu next week for surgery. We couldn't complete the Safe Travels registration because we did not have a return flight. Since we don't know when we will be checked out of the hospital, our flight can't be booked yet. Frustrating! Grrrrr to red tape.
We couldn't complete the Safe Travels registration because we did not have a return flight.

That's supposed to be a "medical exemption", just show your healthcare paperwork.
(05-11-2021, 08:54 PM)kalakoa Wrote: We couldn't complete the Safe Travels registration because we did not have a return flight.

That's supposed to be a "medical exemption", just show your healthcare paperwork.
Mahalo Kalakoa:

"We couldn't complete the Safe Travels registration because we did not have a return flight.
That's supposed to be a "medical exemption", just show your healthcare paperwork."

So, do we do that (present the health paperwork) when we are going through TSA on the way home? Or, is there another line to go through after TSA? We haven't traveled off island since pre-Covid. 

Thanks so much!
If you are vaccinated, today begins inter-island travel without the need for quarantine or covid tests. Good luck to you. Unfortunate that you have to go through this travel hassle on top of your medical worries. I hope you'll share your story once you have returned.
Certainty will be the death of us.
We're both registered without a flight number. We're in the system. We just can't upload the vaccination cards until we book a flight or they change the rules.
Disclaimer: I'm not leaving the island until the emergency is over because I refuse to deal with "Safe Travels". The fact that people apparently can't figure out how to travel to another island for medical care proves my point. Seriously, pre-register for medical travel? What country is this?

I only know what I've read here and elsewhere, and I seem to recall someone negotiating the checkpoint with a fistful of medical paperwork.

All the official sites say "no quarantine restrictions traveling TO OAHU".

County of Hawaii allegedly grants medical exemptions here:

https://coronavirus-response-county-of-h...rcgis.com/

Vaccinated people can "just" pre-register with Safe Travels on a neighbor island before returning.