Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insect service
We have ants taken care of but now need a roach treatment before we rent our place. I tried to search but it came up blank. Terminix automated system gives nationwide updates and never connects to a person  (even though it’s a HI area code). Anyone recommend a reliable company that eliminates problem (perimeter spray never helped)?
(07-16-2021, 10:08 PM)eigoya Wrote: We have ants taken care of but now need a roach treatment before we rent our place. I tried to search but it came up blank. Terminix automated system gives nationwide updates and never connects to a person  (even though it’s a HI area code). Anyone recommend a reliable company that eliminates problem (perimeter spray never helped)?
We use Will Kill to take care of all pests and I would definitely recommend them.  Their office is in Hilo 933-7378.  I have a number of friends and neighbors that also use their services.

Will Kill Termites & Pests | Hilo, Hawaii Termite & Pest Control (willkillpests.com)
We had a really bad roach problem and got some Advion. Easy to use, just a little dab here and there. Within one week all of the roaches were gone and have stayed gone for six months. The down side was that we found dead roach bodies everywhere that first week but well worth it.
The Advion is the real deal. I'll put the link of what I bought below, but so little is needed it's like a lifetime supply. I sent some to my daughter who lived in an infested apartment in HNL that was getting weekly professional sprays but not eliminating the problem. A few days after she used the Advion her apartment was roach free. It exploits the concept that roaches are cannibals, so any roach that comes in contact with it returns to where roaches congregate and dies, the roaches that eat it die, and the roaches that eat that one dies, subsequently killing up to 5 generation of roaches with it. I read that each roach that contacts the Advion (touching or eating) kills 44 other roaches.

https://www.amazon.com/advion-Plungers-Cockroach-Insecticide-Australian/dp/B00730QW70?dchild=1&keywords=advion+roach+gel&qid=1626492965&sr=8-2&linkCode=ll1&tag=pw016-20&linkId=90a50061d1244b8d76b1c94efda8f861&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

How to use the product:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9zE7RuNcq0
Thanx. I will try Advion; then try WK

My apologies in belaboring this point, but it turns out my daughter bought a package of four tubes of Advion. We still have three. Shall I put it under sink, behind stove/fridge (usual places) or under house? LMK as we have time to see whether it works before going to next level…..Thx again!
Yes, four tubes is a lifetime supply. I've given friends a couple tubes. I don't know how long it will keep as roaches still haven't come back. I used less than 1/3 tube to kill mine and put it in cupboard upper corners, above window frames, and closet shelves, all out of cat and dog reach.
Thx again!!
I forgot to mention, if you want a "set it and forget it" type solution, these also work:

https://www.amazon.com/Combat-Combat1241-Killing-Roach-Station/dp/B07DKS4718?dchild=1&keywords=roach+bait+extra+large&qid=1626545430&sr=8-17&linkCode=ll1&tag=pw016-20&linkId=569a13087f62be42fffe6cd052408035&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

They frequently go on sale at Long's / CVS, and when they do I usually buy a package because it's time to replace the old stations. They have several different kinds in packages that look very similar. Make sure you get the LARGE size, so the big local roaches can reach the bait, and also the "kills the nest" verbiage that uses a poison that keeps on gifting to the other roaches.

The other thing that helps is a few yard birds. If the chickens see a roach outside they will fight over it. If you use the advion to wipe them out and the bait stations to kill any newcomers you shouldn't have any more roach problems.

Some roaches can go a year without eating but only a week without water, so they are usually attracted to moist appliances like under fridges and damp areas like under sinks, bathrooms etc. These are the areas you want to focus on with poison bait.
I second the Advion solution. We’ve used it for years now. When we see a roach, we treat again and they’re gone for a few months. I use it outside around the foundation but under cover, inside in all cabinets and closets, above door frames. All out of the dogs’ reach.