Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Generator Repair
I got a new generator and, unfortunately, it was damaged in shipping. Rather than go through the hassle of sending it back and waiting weeks for a new one, which might also come damaged, I thought I would try to fix it myself. The problem was the front plastic plate that the AC outlets are attached to had broken off the generator. I called the company, they said there were 4 bolts holdong the plastic on, and they would send a new plate priority mail, which they did.
What they did not say was that all the wiring went though a feedthrough on the pastic, and then were hardwired to each socket and I could see myself screwing that up. Does anyone have any recommendations for generator wiring repair?
What do you mean “hardwired”?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
I find that one of the best features of the iPhone is the camera. If it were me, I would take a few pictures before you remove anything and maybe a few more as you disassemble. I find that the pictures remind me of what it looked like. Really only works if the wires are color coded. Good luck!
Taking pics and video has saved my bacon while working on cars.
By hardwired I mean the cable comes through the hole in the back of the plastic shielding, and then separates into a dozen or so wires that are each screwed into each outlet. I was hoping for a quick disconnect arrangement. I think the picture idea is the best option. I plan on waiting until the weekend storm to give me motivation.