Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii SMART Health Card program
Well I decided to get a jump on this new digital card by signing up this morning and low and behold it wouldn't accept my vaccination card information on my J&J vaccine at the civic center in  Hilo on April 6th.  They say they have no record of it and to just use your card for ID.  Tried it 4 times with same result.  Anyone else have problems?
I had no problem at all getting registered with my Pfizer obtained through Hilo Medical Center at their mass vaccination events in April. The hardest part was deciphering the vaccine lot number from the nurse's handwriting on the first dose entry, but I got it right. Have you checked with the VAMC-CDC website to see if you are in their database?
I had the same experience as macuu with the moderna vax administered in Hilo. They said they had no record of it. I'll try again next week. I'm not sure what I'd use it for at this point anyway.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Yes...I just logged in and checked. I,m in there. Maybe they still have some wrinkles to iron out. I'll give it a few days and try again.
Frau Chunkster, being needle-phobic, got the J&J. I just registered her successfully, but it took somewhat longer than mine. I had to make sure to put the full lot number of the vaccine, including "Janssen:" before the number. Also, I fully listed the name of the place that did hers, East Hawaii Health Clinic. This may or may not help with your next attempt, makuu222, but it worked for us.
Mitch has no plans to require "vaccine passports" on the Big Island, so a SMART card (what an awful name) isn't really relevant here...
It's a great name and fits in perfectly with the PW consensus - vaccinated people are smart and unvaccinated people are not.
fits in perfectly with the PW consensus

1. I doubt that people on Oahu care what PW thinks.
2. Don't put words in my mouth.
1) Oahu doesn't care what the BI thinks/says/does.

2) I meant no such thing. Apologies if you feel that way.
(09-10-2021, 11:54 PM)AaronM Wrote: It's a great name and fits in perfectly with the PW consensus - vaccinated people are smart and unvaccinated people are not.
LOL.  I don't want to participate in any program that carries an expectation of intelligence on my part, so there!

This name clearly describes the tech aspect, not the status of individuals using it.  It's a health app for smartphones, allowing vaccinated to leave their vaccination cards at home.  Therefore, the name SMART health "card". 

IMO, persons who have documentation showing they've recovered from Covid should also be allowed into the system, just like in EU.