Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SE Corner of 130 and 132 junction ...?
Normally, I just zip around locally without paying too much attention to things.
But, today a question comes up that I've been ignoring for quite a while.
At the SE corner of 130 and 132, the South end of Pahoa, the "newly constructed" buildings that have been sitting vacant for a very long time, ... 3 years or more, mebbie.
What's going on with them?
I have seen a taco truck there for a bit, a while back.

I've heard a variety of different stories of what has been going on there:
King Kim was building something for the county to operate;  Kierkiewicz, or some relative of hers, was doing something;  Something seemed to link Ikaika Marzo to its being built, and maybe some other things too.
As it looks, those unused buildings may be destroyed by termites before they're ever put to use.
Are they a demonstration of the well planned use of county resources, or ...?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
That is owned by Gilbert Aquinaldo and at one time the county was going to buy it for an inflated amount of money to be a bus hub.That is being reconsidered.

"Although the hub-and-spoke system is launching in September, a long-planned physical bus hub in Pahoa is still several years out, Andoh said.

Previously, the hub was intended to be built at the intersection of Pahoa Bypass Road and Pahoa-Kapoho Road on property that would be purchased by the county. But Planning Director Zendo Kern said Tuesday that the location is being reconsidered, based on the need for potential expansions.

Kern said the Planning Department will instead conduct environmental assessments on several sites in the area to determine an ideal site. Those assessments could be completed by early next year, Andoh said.

An interim bus hub will be in place at the Puna Kai Shopping Center in Pahoa, Andoh said."

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...oke-model/