Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where are the homeless camps in Hilo?
Over the last few weeks Iʻve noticed that some of the more noticeable homeless camps in Hilo have disappeared, first at EHCC, then at Kalakaua Park, and now the storefront on Haili St. near the bay front.  Does anyone know whatʻs happened to these people?  Police crackdown (doubtful)?   New housing (wishful)?
Certainty will be the death of us.
Try go ask them K.

Its just dispersion rotation. Watch for reset.

Get involved if can.
(02-25-2022, 07:09 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Try go ask them K.

Maybe if kalianna knew where they are he or she might ask them? Do you ever think before posting?
Kä! No ka `elepaio kolohe!
There are lots of nice folks in downtown who everyday are 'available' for a conversation. Homeless is just a label. Don't be afraid to chat them. Thats my point. You can get info directly. " camps " ugh, hate that word usage in this context, shift around.

Ha na C > e ninau aku i kuu kane

Gave a positive week.
Speaking of “word usage” aren’t the homeless supposed to be referred to as “houseless” or “unhoused”?
Puna:  Our roosters crow first!
Most have dispersed and I see one person at the exit or entrance to Safeway.
Has a dog and all of his belongings in a shopping cart.
Dog looks healthy. The other day the person was passed out and laying on the sidewalk.
Someone opened a umbrella to give him and the pup shade.
I wonder if someone should have called the paramedics instead of giving them an umbrella.
(02-28-2022, 08:40 PM)Volcanoite Wrote: I wonder if someone should have called the paramedics instead of giving them an umbrella.

Why ?

It's his normal routine .
Lol, theres two guys sometime @ last Walmart exit too.

Medium size local looking dog right Obie ?

The other has a little dog and parks van right there with at least one other person.

Another really strung out sits there with nothing but open parafernalia between his legs.