Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
County Continues to Burn Money (Our Money)
What would we need an Incinerator for? The county knows perfectly well how to burn money without one.

Todays' Trib describes how $66,995 for a Ford Expedition is a great deal - according to Mayor Kim and CoH.

Put that upside the $46,000 the county is paying to design a bus shelter and you have to agree..... Hey, it's only our money.

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal02.txt
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I wonder how much the county put in on the $630,000 for the lava viewing site

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Rob, you have been living here long enough and shouldn't get surprised by anything our wonderful county government does. (Though it still hurts when they believe we all are stupid.)

Aloha,
John S. Rabi ABR,CM,CRB,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

The Expedition is a fully equiped police patrol unit.
It's not "Mrs Banana Shoes" picking up the kids for soccer vehicle.
Normally patrol vehicles are upgraded with airplane hoses, transmission coolers, sway bar, stiffer suspension, not to mention all the lights and interior upgrades. The radio alone is like $4K. $45k truck plus "toys & bells"? thats an easy 65K.

It amazes me how a "needed" road can't get built in Puna for lack of funds but a "viewing" road can be built in a week? It amazes me how the DOT can't come up with a "controlled intersection" concept but Ainaloa Bl gets a nearly 900K improvement ?

Like Aretha Franklin said: "who's zooming who?"
I believe I saw that vehicle by the lava watch area with CD signs on it. If I was possibly going to have to go out and grab some fool in danger near the flow, especially in kona wind conditions, or fire conditions etc, I'd want an equipped truck. Is the vehicle a working CD vehicle or Kims plaything, if the latter, I agree with you.

As for the lava watch, mabe they should just close the road at the drive in cut off, and put it off limits, at your own risk. After a few headline fatalaties, the tourists will stop coming and dirtying up our island with all their money.

And look at all the millions the county wasted during the Royal Gardens evacuation period, for nearly 10 years, they were moving people in and out. Cut off all aid to flow victims, you buy under a volcano, it's your problem, we'd save millions. Trailers would sell like crazy.

Mabe for our roads we ought to sub to the Hotrod HPP pavement gang, Did Ainaloa get near a mile of blacktop?
Gordon J Tilley
quote:
Originally posted by gtill

I believe I saw that vehicle by the lava watch area with CD signs on it. If I was possibly going to have to go out and grab some fool in danger near the flow, especially in kona wind conditions, or fire conditions etc, I'd want an equipped truck. Is the vehicle a working CD vehicle or Kims plaything, if the latter, I agree with you.

As for the lava watch, mabe they should just close the road at the drive in cut off, and put it off limits, at your own risk.

The new Police Cars can be seen here.

The Civil Defense Mobile Command Center (?name?) is something completely different and the last I saw it, it was outside the Pahoa Community Center.

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Is that CD vehicle considered Kims car, he was CD chief for awhile.

Nice new Police cars, you see em from a mile away, now speeding will be easier, you'll spok em from a mile away. Stealth is no longer a possibility, now they're marked men.

Lucky the fuel price should deter the worst of the speeding problems, but burglaries will boom, one lookout could run two crews.

Gordon J Tilley
Those are the decoys. We have 'em here too. The "real" ones (speed trappers) are MUCH harder to spot. I bet they aren't publicising what the latter look like
Puna: Our roosters crow first