Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coco Cantina
We’re thinking of trying Coco Cantina in the Puna Kai Shopping Center soon; have any of you eaten there & what was your experience like?
I thought the place was rather average and appropriate, I guess, for a shopping center.
Thanks for your thoughts, Rob. I was hoping for a few more comments in addition to yours, but maybe Punawebers haven’t eaten there yet?
Beans needed salt.
Aloha, descodave...if you aren't on Nextdoor for the area, see if you know someone who is who can show you.
There were recently 2 very (very) lengthy threads discussing Coco Cantina. People definitely had their opinions.

I personally haven't eaten there but I also haven't eaten at any local restaurants. I prefer my own kitchen, to be honest. :-)
My wife and I tried it twice and it wasn't to our liking. The food is some kind of fusion Mexican food.
We will stick with Luquin's.
Family tried it once recently. I have had a lot of mexican food over the years and have to say this ranks at the bottom with prices on the high end. 

Makes Luquin's look very good.
My advice is to try it. I've found that someone else's opinion of food usually has little bearing on whether or not I like it. People loved Lucy's. I... didn't.
I posted here after I ate there, though I have no idea what thread it was.

I've never been back.

Their buffalo wings were good.
As far as Mexican food:  

Panchos taco truck has the best in the area.  Tasty!  (Restaurants have to water the flavor down to suit tourist tastes, I think)

Across the mainland, the best food comes from taco trucks.

Since covid, we have eaten mostly home cooked food.  

I was raised on the Mexican border where the best food is home cooked and shared with friends and family.  I will always miss it.

Ccat