Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas prices / where the cheapest gas is
https://hawaii247.com/gas/

I was surprised to find out the cheapest gas is in Hilo, $4.98, cheaper than Costco.  The link above gets updated so anything I'm typing may be different if you are reading this in the future.

I didn't know that Big Island Energy sold to the public.  Quick research discovered that anybody can buy there purchasing pre-paid cards from their office, or sign up for a free membership by completing a credit application.  Also it looks like they have ethanol free for sale.  I did the online application today.  Gas is $5.42 at the Orchidland Minit Mart and I think at least that in Pahoa.  I think I paid $5.29 at Aloha fuel in Hilo a few days ago.  I know it's cheaper at Safeway but usually dealing with their long lines negates any savings and I rarely shop there so no fuel discounts.  

I used to use the Aloha card for the 8 cents/ gallon discount but gas is now high enough the 2% cash back from credit card is more than that, even beats their cash discount of 10 cents gallon.
It's going way up. 4.20 here in the 2nd cheapest state...So I can only imagine HI is going way higher sadly.
Has traffic diminished with 5 buck gas? I haven't noticed.
Has traffic diminished 

Most people prefer to do nothing but complain & grumble about expensive gas, rather than do something that will improve their situation, like drive less.
Just talked to someone in Los Angeles that said gas was $6 there.
(05-03-2022, 02:23 PM)microage97 Wrote: It's going way up. 4.20 here in the 2nd cheapest state...So I can only imagine HI is going way higher sadly.
4.20 is high
Huh huh, huh huh.
That gas price is making me paranoid man.
It's so expensive that gas sniffers are now switching over to cocaine.
I signed up for an account at Big Island Energy the same day I made the original post. They had an offer for a $24 fuel credit for anybody signing up for paperless receipts, but I didn't think I'd get it because it seemed geared towards existing customers (you would have to look at their web page to understand). Anyways, I signed up for it during the application process.

The way it works is that after you fuel, you don't get a receipt (there is no indication on their pumps what fuel costs either, you need to verify that before you swipe your card or just trust that you're getting a good deal), but you get an email a few minutes later with the receipt.

Anyways, I just got my bill for May and it included -$24 for paperless receipts.