Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plasma Garbage Disposal
In todays TH. County to get a look and an offer, shortly, hope this will go through, sounds good, we'll see.
Big Westinghouse Plasma unit going in in Florida, been in Japan for awhile I guess????
Gordon J Tilley
Why is the Big Island so slow to things [Wink]

Questions about the cost of using plasma arc technology arose four years ago when the director of Honolulu's Department of Environmental Services reported to the City Council that the technology "would significantly increase the cost of waste disposal for Oahu and would not provide any environmental advantages to justify such cost."

-------
Lower your expectations and be ready for anything.
Sorry, this is WAYY off topic, but all I can picture is one awesome kitchen appliance.... the Plasma Garbage Disposal.... big screen & waste grinder in one!
More like massive heat in the thousands of degrees, turns everythin into a gas, which is burnable for producing electric. Supposedly no rubbish left after burn.
Company recycles before puttin in plant, and they want use of the old landfill!
Damon, I remember the first proposition, I think 1/2 baked compared to this one.
Gordon J Tilley
I'm with Carey...Rosey the robot putting George Jetson's garbage into the Spacely Plasma Dispose-All.[:o)]

Sorry for jumping on the derailment.

Aloha! ;-)
Aloha! ;-)
No problem, Florida, New York and some others are building them now. Japan has been for some years. And now Panama, a Banana republic is buying a bunch of em.
Being a banana republic ourselves, mabe they'll teach us somthing.
Gordon J Tilley
Another 'blackbox' technology for a magic solution that isn't.

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle. The community can do this without the co$t.
Once that has been done the best we can (and we are W-A-Y far from that at this point) then maybe a high co$t technology owned and controlled outside the community will have some use. Before then, it's a 'waste'.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Dr W, if you had of been around then, we wouldn't have electricity. It seems anything but palm oil(at going oil Price) is not going to work.
There are many things that are toxic, and can't be totally neutralied, this neutralises anything (PCB oil in Japan agent orange in Vietnam) plastics here, and they want the old dump to process too. I'd say the Kona Nelha site should have the first one, but pretty soon we're going to have to face an unlined dump, polluting our drinking and sea water.
BTW, is your Palm Oil product goin to be tagged to the going price of deisel?
Gordon J Tilley
aloha nui loa gtill,

about...
"Dr W, if you had of been around then, we wouldn't have electricity. "
This is a non-sequitur. It makes no sense to me. Please explain how it relates to my post?

"It seems anything but palm oil(at going oil Price) is not going to work."
You have no justification in saying this. There is no relationship. In fact, we have no plans to market oil for electricity (that can be produced much more cheaply with solar, wind, waves, etc). But, for working machinery: farm tractors, fishing boats, freight trucks.

"Palm Oil product goin to be tagged to the going price of deisel?"
We will secure a price for our product in the open market and then I'll let you know what that is.

btw: I respect you and love your interest. Please stop it with wild accusations.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park

I'm with the doctor on this. More than anything we, as a community, require foreward thinking leadership who have the savvy to begin re-educating the masses on the exigency of recycling, especially in view of our geographic isolation and special environment. We need mandatory oversight of a system of recycling so that individuals are reqired by law to participate as well as a robust educational system designed to instil pride in maintaining a healthly environment or somewhere down the road, and I think we're seeing the signs now, we're going to have to answer for our neglect. Plasma is great but the doctor is right since we would be putting the cart in front of the horse. Let's take care of the
basics first and that means stable eco-friendly leadership who have the guts to plot the course and stay with the strength of their conviction.

JayJay
JayJay