Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
David Crosby R.I.P. - One Time In Hawaii
Crosby was one of a kind.
Photo on his schooner, Maybe off Lahaina?
https://twitter.com/thedavidcrosby/status/1295500477031804928?s=21&t=LcPms6SUYiCIwQ9uq1QDsQ

Just a Song Before I Go
Written by Graham Nash as he headed to the airport, either to Kauai or from Kauai depending on who's telling the story.
With David Crosby's indelible harmony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UoneXjfBC0
Our current )cough( "leadership" sailing us into more like a Wooden Ships scenario.
I had the incredible good luck to see Crosby at Fiasco's, his first time playing for an audience after he got out of the Texas jail. I was working in Hilo at the time, stopped by for food and a few beers (pre-DUI days !), and heard from the waiter there would be some music a bit later. Apparently Crosby was good friends with the owner, and had asked if he could play a few tunes for an easy crowd to get used to an audience again. No advertising, just luck for those of us who were there. He played for about half an hour. I went up to thank him after, chatted for just a minute. He said he had been nervous before starting, but felt at home after about three chords. A cherished memory.
Punaperson,
Thank you! What a wonderful story!
(01-20-2023, 09:29 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: With David Crosby's indelible harmony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UoneXjfBC0

Thank you for this. It brings tears to my eyes because it makes me think of Pam. She introduced me to this music as well as other US music from the 70s I'd heard once or twice but didn't really know. This one, in particular, brings back memories as we heard it on the car radio while she was driving me back to the airport in LA. Such a wonderful song and thanks for bringing up such memories.
You’re welcome Tom.
Off topic, but since we’re here, last night I was with some friends after sunset, photographing Venus & Saturn above the western horizon.  In the right top part of several photos we saw a green object with a distinctive hazy tail, like a comet, but the Green Comet that is soon to appear is not in that part of the sky.  Any ideas what we might have seen?
Off the top of my head, I have no idea. I have a couple of questions. 1) Did you see the object with the naked eye or was it only visible in the photos? 2) Would it be possible to post one of the pictures?

If the object was only visible in the photos, I strongly suspect a reflection in the camera optics or some other issue with the optics and/or the sensor given it's at the edge of the field where weird optical effects can occur. Another possibility is that it was a space launch from somewhere, but that sounds less likely. A picture and the time it was taken would help a lot.
Thanks Tom,
I’ve asked the person who took the photos to send me a copy.  It was her camera so I wasn’t watching the settings, etc, just the final image on the camera screen.
Understood. Thanks.
Green flash

HOTPE .. relying on you to update us all on the up coming green scene. Please do all the work for us and post like u do

Much appreciated go go go