Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for fun, what gets you dancing?
For me it was Gladys Knight and the Pips today.

Good R&B gets me on my feet
Even though I am known very well to any theater group I have ever been with as being incapable of being part of a dance, certain movies do it for me. Singing in the Rain's Make Em Laugh and Moses Supposes being at the top.
Thanks for reminding me of 'Singing in the Rain', one of the all time great movies, released the year I was born.  I just dug out my DVD copy and will be watching as soon as I finish this post.

But these days, I need a bit higher energy to get my okole in gear.  My go-to lately has been the 25th Anniversary Rock'n Roll Hall of Fame
Concert's clip of U2, Mick Jagger and Fergie together for "Gimme Shelter".  Gives me chicken skin and gets me moving every time.
"Uncertain Smile" by "The The" although that was 35 years ago when I was a student. I'm not sure we have the same taste in dance music but don't think I have danced again since then!

https://youtu.be/ebD-cyyczfM?si=Fr_EVzdrPfE3J6VH

The original album version of the song had a superb piano solo and outro by Jools Holland, formally of "Squeeze".
The Macarena
This one popped into my head yesterday, so I put it on the YouTube and starting rattling the old bones, Nobody but Me by the Human Beinz:

No-no, no, no, no-no-no, no, no-no, no, no-no
Na-no, no, na-no, no-no, na-no, no-no, no, no-no, no

Nobody can do the (Shing-a-ling) like I do
Nobody can do the (Skate) like I do
Nobody can do (Boogaloo) like I do
Nobody can do (Philly) like I do

Ain’t nobody do it like me
Nobody but me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Us1ASENPws

Still love the song, but I’m sure there’s a few who can do the Shing-a-ling like I do. 
And plenty who can Boogaloo better, even if it’s their first time.
A few stiff drinks.
TomK, mahalo for the blast from the past! There is so much music from "that era" that I still love.

And yes, randomq, that too! :-D
Kalapana Awa Band
Certainty will be the death of us.
I agree with the Kalapana Awa Band!

A year or so ago, while surfing FM radio stations, I was surprised to come across a special Sunday program on the Lava 105.3 classic rock station (KBGX). Every Sunday from 4-6 pm is Dead Ahead Hawaii, two hours dedicated to Grateful Dead music. The show host Noa creates amazing sets from early shows and throughout the band's career, plus more recent shows from the remaining members bands, like Phil and Friends, Dead & Company, Bob Weir's Rat Dog (or also Wolf Brothers), and our own Kauai's Bill Kreutzmann, Billy and the Kids. (He plays live in Kauai from time to time, but usually short notice, hard to get there.) The various recordings are clear and crisp, very good.

So, that also gets us dancing, and maybe even sometimes, a "twirl" or two. :-)