Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEA Thugs in Kalapana Today
Anyone else see the crews of guys in camo this morning by the noni factory? Yesterday I noticed a couple of copters off the Red Road spraying something out of a long hose. Some kind of poison I suppose. It looked to be on State land but close to some houses and it was a pretty windy day. I guess we're supposed to hold our breath.
Wow only in the US of A could you get away with calling a authorized and legal police force Thugs and get away with it.

Stop growing the weed up there and I bet they won't drop in to kill it.

Or better yet legalize it and Hawaii can have great cash crop.

Texan Moving to Puna on July 3rd 2008.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
That's right! This is a great country. There's hope that in the future the legalization of pot will end the legal and authorized terrorism carried out by government officials against it's citizens.

Unfortunatly, the eradication of marijuana is extremely lucrative to the authorized thugs flying big buck missions, and to the government, in the form of confiscated property.

A criminal is much better off to be caught murdering, assaulting, or robbing, as they won't be in danger of losing their possesions. They'll also get out of jail much more quickly.

At least this "war" on Americans is working. Pot's expensive, Ice is cheap![Wink]
Why is it always me posting this stuff???

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal01.txt

Can you all get on the stick and sign this thing they need 5000 more signatures to make pot the lowest priority for BI police by the end of July.

1. Puna area - Pahoa town - ‘Jungle Love’ in the Malama Market parking lot ph. # 965 - 7775

2. Hilo - ‘The THC Cannabis Ministry’ on the Hilo Bayfront. ph. # 217 - 9352

3. Hilo - ‘The Healing and Wellness Center’ on Kilauea Ave. ph. # 961 - 4722

4. Hilo - Petitioners will be walking the Bayfront near the Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays
My question of the day:

Why is Possessing Marijuana just a misdemeanor,

Yet, Possessing a Pipe is a Felony?

-------
It is the way... the way it is.
quote:
Originally posted by Punamom

Why is it always me posting this stuff???

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/arti...ocal01.txt

Can you all get on the stick and sign this thing they need 5000 more signatures to make pot the lowest priority for BI police by the end of July.

1. Puna area - Pahoa town - ‘Jungle Love’ in the Malama Market parking lot ph. # 965 - 7775

2. Hilo - ‘The THC Cannabis Ministry’ on the Hilo Bayfront. ph. # 217 - 9352

3. Hilo - ‘The Healing and Wellness Center’ on Kilauea Ave. ph. # 961 - 4722

4. Hilo - Petitioners will be walking the Bayfront near the Farmers Market on Wednesdays and Saturdays

Just how do you prioritize crimes? That’s about the dumbest thing I’ve heard of in a long time. Sounds like a slippery slope here if not illegal in itself. Think about it….. If a bunch of citizens get together and want to make drunk driving a low priority they get together a petition vote on it and the cops don’t look for drunk drivers anymore, or until they crash and kill someone.
And they want to leave it up to each cop,
"Technically, by law, (the police) have to honor and respect the local law, but the truth of the matter is that it will be left up to the individual officer's discretion."

1) I would think that the agents conducting that raid aren’t local cops so the idea of low priority wouldn’t effect their actions.
2) If a cop runs across weed in your car or is called to investigate a situation how do you prioritize that, busted.
Where do you draw the line?
I don't have a problem if it's legal but until then...you're under arrest in my book.
What is wrong with people’s lives that they need to escape reality? I like my life the way it is and don’t need mind altering drugs to escape it. Remember, when you come back to earth the problems are still there and maybe worse! GET HIGH ON LIFE Leave the drugs for the jerks.

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

I don't have a problem if it's legal but until then...you're under arrest in my book....

It is legal for medicinal use.[Wink]

Why should a product be legal for one citizen...yet illegal for another?[?]

It's a freaking plant... why make plants illegal? [^]

-------
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

I don't have a problem if it's legal but until then...you're under arrest in my book....

It is legal for medicinal use.[Wink]

Why should a product be legal for one citizen...yet illegal for another?[?]

Because in that case it’s prescribed by a doctor like any other prescription drug.
If you get caught with your aunties barbiturates in your pocket you go to jail, don’t you?
Do you really need me to tell you that[?]

It's a freaking plant... why make plants illegal? [^]

-------

"Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I look for my dreams and a pocket full of gold" Led Zeppelin
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Scott, you're making the assumption that smoking marijuana is an escape from reality. But what does that mean? The human brain has a lot of capability. We don't use it all. Drugs like pot AND meditation can facilitate having our thoughts run in different channels than the well-worn grooves we normally operate in. But it is still reality. If you change the lighting in a room so you see it differently, it's still the same room, with a new perspective.

Smoking pot has a very mellowing affect on people. Ice doesn't. Alcohol in excess often does not. I have heard people who've lived here long enough to have seen the changes, note that racism and hostility softened when locals began growing and smoking pot.

Then in its infinite wisdom the government cracked down and now we have an ice epidemic, crazy domestic abuse and murders, rampant theft ... what a great idea it was to make it expensive to smoke pot and cheap to smoke crack and ice. Boy, the war against drugs sure has improved things over the bad old days of the 60's and 70's.

Police here DO prioritize crimes, all the time, as every call to the police here gets triaged. It is not first call, first served. It is violent crimes and accident scenes first. Then I would guess it goes to property crimes. Then to nuisances and infractions ... down on the bottom, barking dogs and neighbor complaints, as we've discussed. If a drug bust happens it's either in the process of handling another issue, or part of a coordinated anti-drug effort.

I have heard too many confirmations from people that the pot-growing and possession laws are not enforced evenly. If you are family, you think your police uncle is going to bust you in Hawai'i? Not unless he's real mad at you ... there are people who grow with impunity and competitors who are harassed ... it is not straightforward law enforcement.

If enough people let the politicians know they are losing votes with this stupid domestic terrorism program, maybe things will change. While I don't smoke pot at this point of my life, I am extremely upset when I get dosed with herbicide by an agency supported by my tax dollars!
oh, and a lot of these drug task commandoes are indeed thugs. The practice of grabbing the pot in air raids, then taking the valuable buds to one location, and turning in the useless bulk of the plant to another, where the WEIGHT of the confiscation is all that counts, has been going on since these programs started.

My DH has personally been approached by UNIFORMED police officers and asked if he knew someone who wanted a quantity of buds that came from raids. This was on Maui, but the same in California, I don't doubt the same here.

I also had a friend who only spoke French, but understood English, whose case was dropped when the evidence disappeared, and who heard the officer in charge ream another officer a new one, saying, " I told you never to sell the evidence before the trial!"

Any time there is big money at stake, the custodians of confiscated goods are going to be tempted. This is an old old problem. We've legalized crews of bandits who enforce laws they don't believe in so they can break the law themselves. Sure there are officers who aren't part of that, but the corrupt ones know how to work around them.

In the process, many people with rural lifestyles who do not have any part in the process have their homes buzzed and their privacy invaded -- and for what real benefit?

Anyhow, I know there are those who can't believe that law enforcement harvests buds for their own benefit. But otherwise there would be no reason for them to raid gardens for MATURE plants or harvested drying. They find gardens with surveillance and then wait until the crop is viable and then raid it. They could still make the bust if the plants were not quite ready, but that rarely happens. (how to tell who is honest, I suppose, find the officers who raid immature gardens)