Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fireworks Money
Shocked 
Happy New Year!
Last night all around my house were tens of thousands of dollars of huge and beautiful fireworks exploding all over the sky.  It went on for hours and then was constant between midnight and 1am. Except for knowing that thousands of dogs were suffering because the explosions hurt their ears, we really enjoyed the show. It was much louder than usual because two neighbors on two sides of our house were launching them. Something crashed onto the roof that sounded like a small boulder - I wonder what it was and if it dented the roof.  My question is - where do they get the money to buy these illegal fireworks?  My daughter said her neighbor could have bought a car with the money he spent for fireworks.
Those who know the answer to this question probably aren't going to post it on a public forum.
where do they get the money to buy these illegal fireworks?

Probably by working for the County.
And of course, after terrorizing the neighbors and animals, left all the trash and debris from the celebration in the street...
left all the trash and debris from the celebration in the street...

It brings bad luck to clean up the debris.. seriously..

From.. https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelgu...ackers.htm

Many families will not sweep the red paper left by firecrackers immediately because they believe that the act of sweeping on this day is associated with sweeping wealth away.
There's a guy in our neighborhood who bought his massive amount of illegal fireworks (and a jacked up pickup with illegally huge wheels and illegal blackout windows) from the proceeds of his illegal cockfighting business. Half the neighbors hate him, and the other half sit in their lawn chairs applauding and shouting "Yippee!" Of course, he's compensating for some deficiency, and if someone told him he was a criminal, he'd become righteously indignant and say they didn't respect his culture.
(01-02-2024, 06:25 PM)MyManao Wrote: left all the trash and debris from the celebration in the street...

From.. https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelgu...ackers.htm

Many families will not sweep the red paper left by firecrackers immediately because they believe that the act of sweeping on this day is associated with sweeping wealth away.

This really happens.  Sweep it up too soon and you'll risk a fire in your rubbish. I told the kids to leave their (legal) fireworks garbage in our driveway.  When I picked it up the next morning some of the bigger ones were still warm.

(01-02-2024, 06:40 PM)ChunksterK Wrote: There's a guy in our neighborhood who bought his massive amount of illegal fireworks (and a jacked up pickup with illegally huge wheels and illegal blackout windows) from the proceeds of his illegal cockfighting business.  Half the neighbors hate  him, and the other half sit in their lawn chairs applauding and shouting "Yippee!"  Of course, he's compensating for some deficiency, and if someone told him he was a criminal, he'd become righteously indignant and say they didn't respect his culture.

Well you said it on a public forum.  The thing about illegal activity is that attracts other illegal activity.  If you want illegal fireworks, don't ask around the church pew, go to a cock fight and inquire.  When I was going through animal cruelty and neglect investigation training when we got to the bloodsports section they were adamant that if any of us actually locate the activities we were studying to STOP INVESTIGATING immediately.  Get help.  Because other activities are going to be congregating besides animal cruelty and gambling (drugs and other contraband, prostitution, etc).  They frequently involve crossing state lines so the feds want to get involved.  They only want to raid the operation once and catch everything.  It's not something a humane society employee wants to be poking their noses in themselves. The animal cruelty is the small potatoes.
The thing about illegal activity is that attracts other illegal activity.

I once bought a van from a guy who offered to meet me in the Walmart parking lot, to look it over, take it to the Ford dealer to check out, and then pay him.  He said the meeting place was for my convenience because his place was hard to find.  The van was legit, but inbetween the time the van was inspected and a day or two later when I was to pay him, he switched out the relatively new tires for 4 bald death trap tires.  The wife swore “on a stack of Bibles” they didn’t switch tires, even though I had tread measurements from the Ford dealer.

A month later the guy’s name was in the Trib Herald, arrested for cockfighting and gambling.
A year later his wife was fired from her job at a local bank for embezzling funds from a Little League account, $50,000.  
(01-02-2024, 06:25 PM)MyManao Wrote: left all the trash and debris from the celebration in the street...

Only if you walk under a ladder and see a black cat walking in front of you while sweeping up the debris. Hopefully, you didn't break a mirror before you went out.

(01-02-2024, 09:51 PM)terracore Wrote: This really happens.  Sweep it up too soon and you'll risk a fire in your rubbish. I told the kids to leave their (legal) fireworks garbage in our driveway.  When I picked it up the next morning some of the bigger ones were still warm.

Are you talking about fireworks or leftover nuclear bombs with radioactive warheads? How could the remains of a firework possibly remain warm several hours after it was launched unless it was heated by the sun?
Only if you walk under a ladder and see a black cat walking in front of you while sweeping up the debris. Hopefully, you didn't break a mirror before you went out.

Yeah, your lack of cultural sensitivity is legend Tom. It's not like everyone on the mt is as dense but just look how screwed up the astronomical community has made it with the Hawaiians and we can understand your inability to appreciate the nuances of cultures. Sad, but after all these years all you can do is impose your own beliefs on others as if their's don't mean zip to you.