Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thermal Imaging
Aloha. Does anyone have the capability of thermal imaging? My wife and I are heartbroken as our sweet cat got frightened and darted into some very thick bush and roots. She's now stuck, but we can't locate her. Are we even looking in the right place? She is diabetic and needs daily insulin to survive. If anyone reading this knows a person or company that can use thermal imaging to find our kitty, we would gladly pay handsomely. In her condition, she might last two days. Mahalo for your consideration.
Night vision glasses might work too, especially with the bright moon now.  They use visible light rather than heat, and are more widely available and cheaper.  There’s a gun shop near the tennis stadium that may carry them.
Night vision wouldn't work any better than you can see during the day (plus you lose color). Thermal imaging won't let you see behind/through branches if it's really dense, so it would only show up if they're relatively close to the edge or there's a lot of space between thin twigs. If you're talking about a dense uluhe thicket, it would probably be easier to locate her by sound. But you can try asking on maybe a hunting forum or something; it's not allowed for public hunting but someone who does pest animal control on farms might have something like that.
There's a FB group for people looking to hire drone pilots and some of the members have equipment to help people find lost pets. I don't know if anybody on the island has a drone with this capability and are also members of the group, but I do know that a lot of people will travel for a job. Some will even do the work for free if the location is somewhere exotic (like Hawaii) in exchange for getting their travel expenses paid. Getting a drone with this capability is on my bucket list, but I'm not there yet.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1063690943642912
I have nothing to add.. other than I really hope this story has a happy ending. Seriously KukaneJim, I feel for all involved.. a lot! Good luck!