Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Vacationing and why not?
For those who think it is perfectly normal for a guy to visit his G Ma in Hawaii, take his family and have a relaxing week, here is a link to an article you might really enjoy, or even interesting in it's insight. Seems the msm doesn't get it, you know family and all.

http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/carroll/

Go Obama!

mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella, remember?! No national politics on Punaweb! [Smile][Smile][Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB, PW vice-moderator('[Wink]')
It has been fascinating watching him try very hard to have a normal visit to the island where he was born...and to think that a Hawaiian --c'mon, he's earned the name-- might be President. The remarks by Cokie (to the effect that vacationing in such an "exotic" destination sends an elitist message) are a hoot since her mother, Lindy Boggs, insisted in living in the French Quarter of New Orleans for YEARS in a big beautiful house right on Bourbon Street. And so when Cokie visited her, was she on vacation in an exotic destination? When journalists pay more attention to Waikiki than to War, we are in trouble. And we are. Will the aloha spirit spread across the land? Can plumeria leis restore the strength of a man sufficiently for a titanic battle for our country? Will a Hawaiian seize the mainland.....for Hawaii,and make it a saner place with more concern for our fellow man, instead of an everyman-for-himself all out brawl-to-the-bottom? Does this comment have an intense Hawaii connection. Oh, hell yeah it does.
quote:
Originally posted by kani-lehua

mr. obama has been in our neighborhood since his arrival last week. it was rumored that he was staying at one of oprah winfrey's two homes. however, that proved to be inaccurate. he's been jogging and walking while his children play on kailua beach. it was also rumored that warning signs were posted on the beach to stay out of the water because of shark sightings and box jellyfish. yeah, right! that wasn't true at all especially when you can obviously tell by all the helicopters and patrol cars in the area that something just ain't right.

his visit was both political and a vacation of sorts. a rally was held at keehi lagoon shortly after he landed at the hnl airport and a fundraiser on monday for $2300 per person--sold out! besides kailua beach, he had a picnic at magic island and has played several rounds of golf. he went to the pali lookout and he and his keiki enjoyed shaved ice as well.

sorry, i had a double post and accidentally quoted myself. if the mod needs to delete this post, please by all means, do so.

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

quote:
Originally posted by John S. Rabi

Mella, remember?! No national politics on Punaweb! [Smile][Smile][Smile]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,ARB,BFT,CM,CBR,FHS,PB,RB
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"

Gotcha John he is a homie brah, and work aside, he has earned a vacation, without the elietest Eastern seaborne slant (so very tired of that). Shame on Cokey Roberts, she knows way better, to be sure (drank too much kool aide).

Interestingly enough a recent article denotes the demise of the white population as a majority in the not too distant future, where children and grandchildren will live out their lives. Can't be soon enough to ensure that attitudes become enlightened, and diversity embraced if there is going to be hope in the future. Peace

mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I love this thread. And Glen, when is your book release? Seriously, you're a real talent sir.

Thanks Mella.

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
I clicked on that link and wondered what in the world jigsaw puzzles had to do with anything, then I found the previous column here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...129MNS.DTL

question answered!

Thanks, mella
I'm sorry... but Cokie??.... what, does she work for the tourist board on the Eastern Seaboard? Or did our Hawaii guy just not invite her along? she just looks like she would be a fun hater and isnt that what a vacation is for? fun and relaxation?

I think it was great that he choose to come and visit G-ma! Most of my family comes to visit G-ma and G-pa in HAWAII!! [8D]

My question is how does the Secret Service guys get their guns in the state? We dont have any conceal carry permits here.
Cat you're feisty today!!! LOL!![Wink][Wink] (It's all good.)

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR