Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing swimmer off of Mackenzie Park
Last night a swimmer went missing off of Mackenzie Park..
http://kgmb9.com/main/content/view/9421/40/
The report describes the victim as a "swimmer." Nobody in their right mind goes swimming at MacKenzie, do they? There are cliffs, currents, and big waves along that stretch of coast. Maybe it's more likely he fell in, but it is tragic whatever the circumstances. Not too nice to think about a great white lurking around the island that probably ate somebody.

Cheers,
Jerry
Yeah, Jerry's right. There is no water entry at McKenzie. It's kind of like the haunted house at Disneyland --the only way in is a loooooong waaaaayyyy down. I've been there twice....I skittered over to the edge, breathed some misty ocean air and dashed back to the car. The place is a testament to those who dance close to the edge.

That would be me! Just got back from New Orleans.....but I don't want to hijack the thread. Just get the hell out of the car, and no one gets hurt.
There is one place at MacKenzie where you can get to the water, waaaay off to the right. If someone was planning on going for a swim there, that's where they would have entered. (I would never do it, but I have heard others do swim there.)
But as was said earlier, more likely to have fallen or been swept off by those huge waves that crash up and over the cliffs. Scary and sad news.

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
Late Sat. night drinking was happening ... guy 'went in for a swim'... drinking friends tried to help by tossing things in.... guy drifted away.... shredded clothes found Sun am by rescue/recovery divers....

There are some walk downs to enter... very current-ty & not really advisable anytime, unless you really know the area ... not the brightest to do at night & even {less advisable} while drinking... but that is kinda a mote point...
It was my neighbor![V]

-------
Glob
He heard the Sirens....
Sounds like a great white shark may have gotten him:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/p...LNEWSFRONT
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison