Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THUNDER and lightning
OMG, did anyone else jump (OK I admit, I screamed even) when that really LOUD thunder hit? Earthquakes, lightning, thunder, floods. What's next?! At least my electricity is still on even if the cable is out, but we do have the flashlights ready. How is everyone else faring?

Edited by - sittall on 10/16/2006 21:03:12
Not that I expect anyone will want to go out in this storm but I just heard on the radio that highway 130 in the Puna district is closed at Ainaloa Blvd because of debris and in front of HPP due to flooding. Sure glad I don't have a night job.

Connie
Hawaiian Beaches

Some spectacular lightning flashes up Ninole way currently and rolling thunder.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Our power has gone off and then come back on about 8 or 9 times. Anybody else had this problem?

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Our lights have been flickering all night and our UPSs on our computers keep beeping on and off. The power hasn't cut out completely... yet. This is up in Volcano.

Les

Was called to help a friend in distress. Saw another vehicle go off the side of the road; called 911. Water coming down FAST. Everyone came out fine. When I got home power had flashed off and on again. Looks like this is gonna be a doozey! Ligntening and thunder are continuous almost.... it's quite the light show but I wonder what comes next.... Aloha.

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Our power went out here in HPP about 6:30 and didn't come back on until 2:45 this morning. Lots of rain and what a light show! Have never experienced so much lightning

Royall

What goes around comes around!

I saw this storm coming in along the coastline
last night in Kona. There was a lot of lightening and rain here.

Here on 30th in HPP power was out from 6:30p to 5:05a and my 5-inch rain gauge ran over! All in all, I preferred the earthquake, at least it only lasted 45 seconds or so! Actually, felt a little bump at 5:27a -- getting so I just cuss at 'em and go my way. Life in paradise, ain't it grand?

too soon old, too late smart
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
UH-Hilo closed early last night because of the flash flood warnings. The way in this morning, it was so bright & green!
One plus to all of that flashing & booming is that the lightening does get more nitrogen into the soil & the plants do respond so quickly to it (I always try to remember this while the boomers are rocking the house!) Found out our fool cat actually likes thunder storms, she spent the night watching the flashes & wagging her tail contently!
Aloha, Carey