Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another restaurant closes
The Waikoloa Beach Grill closed it's doors last week. From what I understand it had something to do with the leaseholder charging incredably high lease fees.

One wonders the logic in charging such high fees during a recession and downturn in the economy. Who could possibly fill the space? Most likely it will just stay vacant until tourism and the economy picks up.
We moved our office almost a year ago for that reason. Out of state owners and management that apparently didn't keep abreast of the market. I have to smile when I drive past and see it is still empty as well as an increasingly large portion of the plaza. We lost a little as far as now being in a less obvious location with reduced frontage, but gained a bunch in much easier access and a greatly reduced electric bill and a much more functional space. I'm glad their stupidity forced us to move.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Is it true that Harringtons is also gone? Someone saw a sign on it recently saying " The Ice Pond Diner"
I was told that Harringtons just changed the name and the menu so that they could have a few "affordable" items to offer! Nothing for sure though.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Friends, that just went to Harringtons, said same owners, food has not improved, overpriced, bad service! They had already lost customers, before they closed, not going to gain them back by changing the name and not improving the quality.
The last time I had a delicious meal at Harrington's was six years ago. Since then I have been very disappointed with the dinners and lunches I ate there. Love the location....hated the food and the prices under the old regime. I will give the new "name" a try for sure.
My husband worked there this last year, (Very short period).
What transpired was: There was a chef from Honolulu who had a dream of owning his own resturant, and the owners of Harringtons' agreed to carry the "Note". That is the reason for the name change (The Ice Pond). The new Chef is trying to rebuild the reputation that the resturant used to have previously.
There are still many problems with the resturant:
There needs to be better pest control, and the building itself has taken quite a beating, it really needs to be remodeled for it to be structurally sound.
The waitstaff needs more training and knowledge about what they are selling and serving to the public.

My wife and I had the WORST Ahi dinner of our lives at Harrington's.
Steve & Regina
Hawaiian Acres / North Lake Tahoe

'If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there' - George Harrison
When Andrea was doing their deserts more than 10 years ago they were awesome!

They did sink into mediocrity in the last few years.
time for chef gordon ramsay to whip it into shape?!

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james