Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petco opens in Kona Commons
Petco opened yesterday in the new Kona Commons mall being built across the highway from Kmart. From what I've heard from others who went yesterday.... it's the biggest and best stocked pet shop on the island with "all" your favorite brand name pet foods. But I guess I'll have to see to believe.
I winder what they will sell in the pet dept. Back on the mainland they have reptiles, snakes, fish, odd rodants etc. I have to assume they they will not be selling those items here in Hawaii so it will be a pretty empty store selling supplies and no pets. Any one have any word on what else in going in there? I already see the sports store and office store.
I just came out of Petco in Kona. Actually I'm just down aways from Petco in my favorite $2.00 Mai Tai Bar on the ocean. They have just about every cat and dog food imagineable. They have live birds, both fresh and salt water fish and aquariums,they have cat condo's and scratching posts of all sizes. They have 2 full rows of grooming supplies for cats and dogs. All in all...not a fantastic experience...but pretty good. Im happy because they have Wellness Cat and Dog food. Before I had to go to Oahu to get it.

Prices are alittle bit on the high side..but that was to be expected. But the traffic getting into and out of that place was something I hope I never have to experience again.
macuu222:

What other stores in the complex are open?

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Target is going to be opening until middle of 2009. Circuit City
may not open until early 2009. The other stores, like Sports authority, Office Max should be open before the end of 2008.
Also forgot to mention for those cat owners....Petco sells a "complete variety" of fancy feast cat food thats so much cheaper than safeway and foodland and KTA! ANd if you buy by the case of 24 cans...they give you an additional discount that even beats out Walmart

Looks like some of the smaller stores in the mall might be open within the next month.