Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPDATE ON PAHOA'S WALK-IN CLINIC
Aloha!
Anyone driving into Pahoa Marketplace and looking to the right side might notice an "OPEN SOON" sign posted on the door of the Puna Community Medical Center's storefront (between Clinical Labs and the Election Office). Well, we WILL be opening soon, though I can't provide an exact date, it will almost certainly be before the end of the year (depending on how the funds come in). We are planning to begin with a Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon week; until we get ourselves organized. With more staff, we will go to seven days, with even more staff, we go to extended hours.

If anyone wants to have a better idea of what it will look like, simply take a peek into Clinical Labs. It will be compact, but it will be efficient and, most importantly, friendly and receptive.

We are looking for staff (physicians, nurse practitioners, PAs (like me), nurses, medical assistants, and so on. If you know someone interested, they can drop a resume at the front desk of Clinical Labs.
Contributions are tax deductible. Call me with questions. 965-1801.
WE ARE TERRIBLY EXCITED, and just a little scared. Yes, there will be a fun opening.[Smile]
Dan
congratulations and good luck to all of you. i'm sure you will be busy!

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Who is doing your computer installs and setups... I might be willing to volunteer some time to help out.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Who is doing your front desk? Can you use a "volunteer" a day or two?

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management
http://bluewaterprojects.blogspot.com/
808 965-9261
"We help make building your dream home a reality"
Will there be any paid positions in the clinic? Who will be doing your billing? I may be interested in helping.
Aloha!
I am so sorry to be out of the loop the past few days, but here the word on how we are putting things together; The lead contractor is Bruce Hansen's Concept Development. Bruce is the man to connect with with regard to the construction of the clinic. As things are moving on rapidly, and scheduled to be completed in the next few weeks, Bruce would need to hear from anyone with construction skills NOW. Just so you know, Bruce will only use licensed sub-contractors. Later, after opening, we may very well need some projects done as well.

Anyone who wants to work, as an employee or as a volunteer, and has the necessary skills, simply drop off a resume at the Clinical Labs office just next door to our site. We are just beginning to put together the job descriptions, employee packages, etc, and will be going through all that in the next couple of weeks. We will begin at 40 hours, and gradually add days and hours as we have the staff and the cash flow.

Thanks for all the good wishes. We are really excited about finally getting to the end of the beginning [Smile]
Dan