Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Understanding Kau Inoa
I would like to hear aboout how people percieve Kau Inoa and where it is really leading the Kanaka Maoli. I know what my beliefs are...I don't want to impose them on anyone. I only want what is fair for all. So Here's a (baited) question...What do you think? Play nice.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
An interesting read by Dr. Kenneth Conklin.

-------
General Election Unofficial Poll
Good Post Damon, I have read it and recommend that everyone read it. This issue isn't going away anytime soon .Also search Kau Inoa on you tube. Real Hawaiians against the Registry speaking out there. See Pono.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
More importantly, anyone know the position of our two mayoral candidates on this?

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
The racism in Hawaii is palpable, understandable and sad.

History is what it is. That cannot change.

How do we each envision the best future for Hawaii?

My personal belief is that racism stinks, no matter what the rationale. Whatever seperates us should be repressed.

C'mon people now, smile on your brother....
First of all, we are all racist. If you think you aint then you are only deluding yourself. If you start believing your own bull**** then you are nuts.

We tend to favor family first, This fact is just be the genesis of our prejudice or racism, but what ever the cause we discriminate where we need.
If anything, racism is a self preservation mechanism.

you may be right, and the same animal that is racist would "eliminate" you and take your wife and daughters as part of that "self preservation mechanism". But "Men" control these instincts and live above the base animal that you seem to believe men are.

Animals do not know the difference from right and wrong, a "Man" does and choses to do right even when his base instincts are to do otherwise.

in other words, "you" may be a racist, but others "chose" not to be and you may be one of the few that is deluding yourself.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Feeling prejudice isn't the worst thing in the world. Ya know, welcome to the real world. I've lived in many places but was born a New York Jew. Ten years in Nashville TN in the 1970s thickened my skin a bit. I actually had somene look for my horns (really). Get used to it and you'll be a lot more comfortable. My opinion. That said, imagine the prejudice and worse that has been faced by indiginous people ever since Vikings and then Europeans felt the need to explore and expand. Most of the mainland was literally stolen by force. No overt force in Hawaii but stolen nonetheless. Unless I'm misreading something (this stuff is pretty wordy), Native Hawaiians want to be recognized as a "tribe" by the US Government thus giving them the same benefits of Native Americans on the Mainland. Sounds kind of fair to me but I'm not 100% clear on the whole issue. If I'm wrong, let me know.

you're wrong.

Transplanted Texan
"I am here to chew bubble gum and kick some *** ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
All of us were indigenous at one time. They called my tribe Gauls. That was a while back, but not really.

There's racism, which is a personal attitude. It's called Fascism when racism is mixed with nationalism, religion, and politics. If anything should have been learned from the history of the last century, Fascism is perhaps the most abhorrent, inhuman, and despicably dangerous of all "isms" out there. It needs to be recognized as such, and universally condemned as an attack on humanity itself.

There are a fair number of nut cases in this world that for religious reasons believe that white people of pure blood are the righteous and god-directed rulers of the whole planet. That would include Hawaii. As far as I can see, there's equal evidence--none--for this position as well as others, actually many others, that we see discussed.