Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honolulu, HI CNN oil article
UH Bobby Maxwell knows some of the oil story, sheds some light into that dark corner.

Whistleblower: Oil watchdog agency 'cult of corruption'

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/10/14/oil.whi...index.html

Mella L

"I've been on food stamps and welfare, did anybody help me out? No." - Craig T. Nelson
Hawaii's new commemorative quarter, just minted October 14th!

Photo here

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Most-Email...143c6d8e69

"Ua mau ke ea o ka #699;#257;ina i ka pono" is a Hawaiian phrase meaning: "The life (sovereignty) of the land is perpetuated in (by) righteousness," and is the state motto of Hawai#699;i.

The motto was adopted by the Kingdom of Hawai#699;i in 1843, and was used in an address by King Kamehameha III at ceremonies following the return of his kingdom from the British. Hawai#699;i had been ceded to Great Britain by the British captain Lord George Paulet of the H.B.M.S. Carysfort, in response to claims of political abuses against British residents made by British Consul Richard Charlton. After Kamehameha III notified London of the captain's actions, Admiral Richard Thomas returned sovereignty back to the King.
mella l

"Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant with the weak and wrong....because sometime in your life you will have been all of these."
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Mella...on our drive home from work we were thinking fondly of you and the adventurer in you. You are such a good example of someone who lives each moment to the fullest. Your thirst for knowledge is only surpassed by your love of beauty. I'm sure you'll be the first lady passenger into outter space!![:X][:X]

Oh yeah - Keep an eye out for something "green." [Big Grin]

Carrie Rojo

"The sun and moon collide. Isn't gravity a funny thing? The universe explodes apart. All the children sing..." Todd Rundgren
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR