Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Telcom Internet Service and Netflix
I just down graded my Oceanic Time Warner Cable service to basic cable and keep my Road Runner internet service provider (as a cost saving measure and because the bundled basic upgrade is nothing of viewing interest to me). Surprise...basic calbe and Road Runner internet is NOT considered a "bundle". My Road Runner will go from $29.10 to $44.95 a month. Hawaiian Telcom offers a 3Mbps download internet service at $29.99 a month. Anyone have any experience with Hawaiian Telcom as an ISP? Feel free to email if you would prefer not to post publicly. Over a barrel once again it seems!
I have Hawaiian Telcom's bundle which includes phone service, unlimited long distance and internet for $69. Works for me.
I'm not going to hide my disgust for HawaiiTelcom.

If you can avoid them... do so like the plague!

Nuff said.

Can you hear me now AC with HT? [}Smile]

-------
My Blog
Been with HiTel for over 3 years.... Never a problem.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

I have the basic cable, just the local channels and a few others and roadrunner, and my monthly bill has been 48.87 a month( for both) for over a year now? Might want to ask them about disounts. Angela
I have HI telcom DSL for $20 a month (special) & can't complain. It's fast, doesn't go down, service is prompt. I had the intro $19.99 for 3 months & they continued it for a year.
We have Hawaii Telcom phone and email
since 2005.
Technical side works pretty good (occasional failure to find server, but not a regular thing).
The billing and Admin at HT are abysmal. Lots of problems getting them straight. Make sure to get these guys to repeat back to you everything you have told them you want.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
I've had Hawaiian Tel. for an ISP since it became available to me in April and love it. No problems from me and it's been the cheapest deal in town. Good speed for downloading also.

Damon, sorry to hear you've had issues with Hawaiian Tel. Could you please tell us what happened so that we know what to watch out for. I'd like to hear what happened. Were there problems with the internet, phone, customer service or what?[?]
What is the reliability record of the local cable company? Our cable in Georgia was always going out, but our phone almost never did. We have Hawaiian TelCom DSL and are reasonably satisfied with it, but they just strung cable on our road in HPP and it will be an option in a couple of months. I will ditto James Weatherford on HTC's billing and administrative functions. It is indeed awful, and it took us three months to get our bill straightened out after we booked their package deal for DSL, a land line, and free long distance.

Cheers,
Jerry
quote:
Originally posted by iboost

Damon, sorry to hear you've had issues with Hawaiian Tel. Could you please tell us what happened so that we know what to watch out for. I'd like to hear what happened. Were there problems with the internet, phone, customer service or what?[?]

I was a customer ever since they bought out Verizon. Paid on time regularly. Maybe late once or twice in my billing history with HT.

Then one month, I get statement telling me I owed twice as much... I only paid current due... because I double checked and my check had cleared for previous balance.

About a week later... I get a shut-off notice for failure to pay bill... argue with HT and tell them I have paid bills. They tell me their records don't show it... PAY MORE OR LOSE SERVICE!

I TELL THEM I'M ON LIMITED BUDGET and HAVE ALREADY PAID! They tell me PAY or else we cut SERVICE...

(At time... I relied upon them for a second job) I HAD TO PAY w/ Credit Card over the phone...

Next month... get bill... Three months Due AGAIN... I Say WTF!!!

Get frustrated... Tell them to EFF off... Get Cell phone with another company.

Shut off service.... 4 months later... get a questionnaire asking why I canceled service...

TWO YEARS LATER... HT is going bankrupt... Gee I wonder why?

NUFF SAID!

-------
My Blog