Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Following the Campaign Money Trail(s)
I urge everyone to read this report:

Major Contributors to Billy Kenoi's Hawaii County Mayoral Campaign and follow the money trail in the links.

Why is there so much off island contributions to Kenoi's Campaign?[Wink]

-------
My Blog
Got it Damon, now how about Angel's list.
Gordon J Tilley

Not much to see... but here you go gtill:

Pilago's Money Trail

-------
My Blog
Thanks Damon, that could have helped him awhile ago when it was claimed he did accept such funds. Sure explains his underdog status for advertising.
Gordon J Tilley

Really, gtill points up the issue at hand:

Advertising and campaign contributions are not what is driving the Pilago campaign, as they are the Kenoi campaign.

What the Angel Pilago campaign -- candidate, ohana, tribes of volunteers, and modest financial support -- is about community building and grassroots government. Not so, the Kenoi campaign.

Campaign donations, media sound-bite saturation, and such like, are a drag on democratic progress.
The Angel Pilago for Mayor campaign volunteers find, almost daily, as we meet and talk with intended-Kenoi voters, many are just reciting the name and know not a lot more (a few report intimidation from employers and/or unions). Once they are introduced to who Angel Pilago is and what he has done, they frequently turn -- Kenoi media blitz versus Pilago people's campaign.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park