Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
De-humidifier
I am about to get one of these puppies and have never owned one before coming from a dryer climate. How do they work with open windows? I just cannot imagine a closed room. Should I get the warrenty service from Sears. Thanks in advance for any replys.

If you really want to dry out a room or house then you will need to close the windows and doors. You can't dry out Puna itself, it's too big and too wet. What we do is: When it has been raining and everything in the house is damp and clammy we close everything up and run the machine for a while. Then when the sun comes back and the breezes blow we open the house up again to the great outdoors.

My wife and I have a Sears’s model and it has worked well for us. We have had it 16 months now with no trouble. We didn't bother with the extended warranty.

Plan to be spontaneous tomorrow.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I suggest Closet warmers also (rods about 2-3' long that keep your closets warm and fairly dry.

We were drying out trim lumber in the garage with doors and windows closed (sheet rock on walls) and it took almost a week to suck the moisture out of the 1x's to be able to sand and paint. (dehumidifier run night and day pulling about 15-30 gals of water a day out.
What's a Closet warmer? Never heard of it. Is it something you plug in? Any chance you could provide a URL to them at some online shopping site?

TIA,
Andrew

quote:
I suggest Closet warmers also (rods about 2-3' long that keep your closets warm and fairly dry.

We were drying out trim lumber in the garage with doors and windows closed (sheet rock on walls) and it took almost a week to suck the moisture out of the 1x's to be able to sand and paint. (dehumidifier run night and day pulling about 15-30 gals of water a day out.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Try Ace Hardware or Walmart. Sorry, dont have a URL for them. I just buy them in town (less than $20 bucks).