Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mokulele Airlines in trouble
It looks like Mokulele Airlines is in trouble and may need a bailout! I guess that 4th Republic jet that was suppose to start service to Hilo next month is now out of the question...

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/articl...80376/1071

BTW...I overextended myself and missed my car payment...so I'm looking for a bailout [}Smile]

Park it at the hot ponds znd leave you keys on your towel when you go swimming.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.

Just make sure that your insurance is coverage is good and fully paid up, and then hope that local law enforcement doesn't come through just that once and return you a trashed car that you still have to pay for.

Cheers,
Jerry
Getting back on topic, I saw Mokulele's spiffy new jets in Honolulu not long ago and was hoping to give them a try out of Hilo. May or may not ever happen now. Hawaiian and go! have a duopoly of sorts, and more competition would be good. If go! goes under, which is possible given the financial state of their parent Mesa Air, Hawaiian would have a monopoly. I don't even want to imagine what Hawaiian might charge in that situation.

Cheers,
Jerry
Stand by for a discount carrier to enter the market. Virgin America is poised as are some other carriers

As to mokulele... they are to become a unit of republic

Go just leased the "aloha" name for 50k per month

Interesting times we live in
Ironic that go! would pay for the rights to the Aloha name after being found guilty in court of using unfair practices to drive them out of business. There's gotta be an unflattering name for that sort of action, but I can't think of it at the moment.

Meanwhile, I read in today's Star-Bulletin that go! turned its first profit last quarter. Mesa, the parent company, also was profitable, but mainly because of some accounting credits involving turning over part of their debt to a more favorable status. Mesa's stock remains in the pennies per share price range and a very poor performer, even for an airline.

If Republic does take over operation of Mokulele, at least the 200 employees would keep their jobs for the time being, and that's a good thing.

Cheers,
Jerry
Looks like Mokulele employees took a delayed payment to stay in business. But I really have my doubts now about a 4th jet with service to Hilo.

http://www.starbulletin.com/news/hawaiin...00000.html
wow, I just checked them out, and I hope they are still in business on our trip over. 39 dollars was great. Anyone heard if they were gonna offer service to Hilo still?