Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mokulele Airlines starts jet service yesterday

Mokulele Airlines started jet service yesterday between kona, Lihue and Honolulu with $45.00 one way fares. The only problem is the fare is already gone and only a few who knew they were starting to fly yesterday took advantage of it. They also won't be flying to Maui or Hilo until spring of next year!

Also Alaska Airlines just started daily non-stop service from Kona to Seattle on Monday

http://www.starbulletin.com/business/200...debut.html
I just checked Hawaiian Airlines and Mokulele Airlines and they are both offering $45.00 one way fares from now through the end of the year (must purchase by Nov 30th)...but only out of Kona and Lihue. Go airlines as of 11/21/08 has not matched them in those markets and are still selling lowest fares at $61.00. That doesn't sound like Go airlines...they are usually the leader in undercutting the competition. Do I smell "bankruptcy" for Go's parent Mesa?

Anyway...So I figured the cost savings flying out of Kona instead of Hilo....which was a total of $70.00 for both of us....and then the cost of gas it takes to drive over and back (approx $25.00) So we save $45.00!

Is it worth a 2 hour drive in each direction to save $45.00? For us the answer is yes.
A little competition is a good thing! Hopefully the low fares will continue when they add Hilo in the Spring.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

Devany Vickery-Davidson
East Bay Potters
www.eastbaypotters.com
We're gonna fly Alaska out in January, so I'll let you know how that goes. I've heard they are a pretty reliable up and coming service.