Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help East Side needy keiki
The Christmas Wish program is a year-round program for needy keiki. For info on the program see:
www.christmaswishprogram.com

Due to many events this fall, the program has many immediate needs for their east side Wednesday Thanksgiving dinner & for the upcoming Winter Holiday party with Santa in mid Dec. & the Santa present drop-offs at Christmas time....

As of this afternoon, they have only received one donation for presents for this Holiday season.... normally they have hundreds.... If you can help with a donation of new toys, time, or talents, that would really help a great cause through a tough spot...

Volunteers & refrigerator space are needed this week, ..... if you have time or refrigerator space (or know of an organization that has refrigerator space near Hilo) that would be greatly appreciated. These are the needs for the Weds. dinner:
"Thanksgiving Dinner for Homeless Children - Start Time: 10:00 AM

Our Volunteers will be providing our homeless keiki and their families with a hot nutritious meal and activities from 2:00-4:00 p.m. Volunteers welcome to sign in at 10:00 a.m. No volunteers can sign in after 1:00 p.m. Groups, or clubs welcome to come and help with their own event game, craft, etc. Call for more details (808) 982-8128"

New toys, volunteer time with wrapping, kids craft tables & meal prep are needed for the Winter Holiday party on Wed. Dec. 17th. The party needs are:
"Big Island Holiday Christmas Party - Start Time: 6:00 PM

Our 8th annual Holiday Christmas Party will host over 300 keiki with games, crafts, food, Santa and Me photos and gifts. Join the fun of setting the stage for a wonderland of dreams for our homeless keiki.
Volunteers check in between 12:00-4:30 p.m.
Those who wish to help with food prep, decoration, gift wrap and set up please come before 3:00 p.m.
Those helping for the party only can arrive by 5:00 p.m.
Those helping to clean up will be able to go home around 10 p.m."

Thank you for any help you can give
what a great program, i challenge all to make this a sucess for our children. if we dont take care of the children of the world we are all doomed.
lets make this a seson of giving to those in need so they dont fall into the trap of having to take in order to succeed.

im taking off for Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving to all in Puna[8D]

peace
Carey, the link doesn't seem to lead to the correct site...

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
Carey, thank you for posting this!
I am shocked they only have one gift so far ...
the stores are full of people buying tree ornaments and decorations ... at least Walmart is.

Next time I go shopping I'll look for something to donate.
Sorry, my refrigerator is severely space-challenged ,,,
I ran a search for the link and I think I found it.

Carey's link is .com and it's dot org.

http://www.christmaswishprogram.org/

I see donations can be made via Paypal.

I hope Carey will confirm this is the program she meant ... it is definitely for Hawai'i keiki.
Carey, being on the mainland I cannot volunteer like I would like to but I sent a donation thru paypal and I hope all of us who are stuck on the mainland but have HI in our hearts will do the same come on punawebbers we can help make it happen
Thanks to all of you, and Kathy, you are right about the web link...(I was in a zone.... obviously the WRONG zone...)

Good news, enough volunteers have stepped forward that the volunteer positions on Wednesday are full... I can't thank those of you who stepped forward enough!
Thank you Kathy, I should've been able to figure that out but I was in too much of a hurry.

And thank you Carey for sharing this info. Good to hear that people are stepping up.

Now Punawebbers, let's keep the ball rolling and make sure these keiki have a Christmas! If you don't like Christmas, that's okay, this organization is helping homeless kids all year long.

aloha, Liz

"The best things in life aren't things."
ROLLING THE BALL... delivered a few bags full of new toys to Carey and Jim's this afternoon. I CHALLENGE each of you to go buy just one toy and drop it off....
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
All I can say is WHOOOOOHOOOOO! & thanks soo much to all of you that are helping